He's Ours

MICHAEL

Christopher Maurice Brown Jr. I stared into London's son eyes and felt horrible. I know how it feels to grow up without a father nor a mother. It was rough for a young nigga like me. When you need to have that motherly love and she isn't there to give it to you. Or you need that father figure in your life but he refuses to even look at you, It's fucking hard. I will fucking hate myself if I let him grow up into the man I used to be. If I refuse to be in his life, he'll be a disrespectful , Womanizer, drug dealer and I can't sit around and watch him throw away his life like me. If someone was there to save my life , I would be a totally different individual.

Chris started turning his head and soon stared into my eyes. I gently touched his round, fat face and he cracked up. Showing me all his gums and shit ! Damn this baby look just like Chris ass. I watched him shake with a cold shiver.

" Lil Man . You cold ? " I covered him up in the hospital blanket and pulled his hat down further.

" Hi ! I'm Sarah , Chris's nurse. Are you the father ? " Sarah asked . She was skinny and a blonde. Boring.

" Nah , my girlfriend bestfriend son. But my homeboy the daddy "

" Well, he's a handsome little guy isn't he ? Would you like to hold him ? " She smiled .

" Umm . Yeah " I nervously answered. I haven't held a baby since my daughter. She died shortly after and I promised myself I'd never hold another baby ! Sarah slowly placed him in my arms. He nuzzled against my chest and drifted off to sleep.

I can't explain the feeling of how it felt. I felt like I was that proud father again. He was so comfortable that I felt like he was mine. Sarah walked out while Symphony walked in. She leaned against the wall and just watched me hold him.

" Wanna hol' him ? " I asked her . She didn't speak but softly shook her head "no". I could see the pain all over her face , her lip began to quiver. I laid Chris back in his bed and walked over to her. She stared at the floor and pushed me away.

" Micheal .. Please " she whispered, never looking away from the floor. I grabbed her arm and pulled her into my chest.

S Y M P H O N Y

I couldn't bare the pain of holding him. Holding the cause of her death, if this baby hadn't been conceived maybe she'd still be here. If I hadn't brought her out here and if I left her in our hometown maybe she'd still be breathing. It's all my fault , I encouraged her to take on the relationship with Chris. But I know I must get over this feeling and here ready to take care of Chris Jr. He's my priority now because