One Year

Wow i just realized I never told y'all about our first anniversary. Well before i do that, let me go back a couple of years back.

Before my grandpa (My dad's dad) passed away, one of the things we used to do together was whittling. For those who don't know what that is it's craving things out of wood. So he taught me how to do that and the first thing i whittled was a little wooden monkey, well kind of looked like one. Haha the funny thing is i was trying to do a bear but it looked more like a monkey.

When i showed my grandpa, he told me it wasn't bad for my first try. Then he told me to hold onto it, to give it to someone i loved. i was only nine at the time, so really didn't have anyone i thought i loved and just held on to it.

Then I met Jakob four years later and my life wasn't the same after that. I fell in love and it was something i never thought i would ever experience. My parents spent more time fighting than anything, so i never saw what a loving relationship was.

We dated and our first anniversary came, i was just sixteen barely got my license and had to beg my dad for the car. Also i had to ask Jakob's dad for permission to go out on a date by ourselves, because he thinks Jakob is too young to date, fifteen is too young for him. have i mentioned how overly protect him dad is? No, well he is and whenever we went on dates, he was our third wheel because i'm a teenage boy and all we think about is sex. he wasn't about to let some sex crazed boy deflower his son, little does he know that happened a while back. Good thing Jakob's mom was able to help me get a yes for use to be alone on our date, just as long as we came back home at eleven.

So anyway i didnt have much planned just a movie and dinner, followed by ice cream. so when it was time trying to figure out what to get Jakob, i couldn't think of anything. He doesn't like be flashy gives, so it had to be something i made, something that came from the heart. The problem with that is i suck when it comes to arts and craft stuff. Haha so am going through all my things, hoping to find something that will inspire me, but i found nothing.

So i thought, crap what am i going to do. i was supposed to pick Jakob up at six and i had no gift. i was just about ready to just run to the store and get him some candy and a card, until i remembered about the wooden monkey/bear.

I gave it to him and he loved it, also it didnt hurt that he loved monkey. I told him what my grandpa had said about giving it to someone i loved. It only made him cry and to this day its the one thing i made for him that he always has with him.