How we met

• Dedicated to Jakob, my one and only

*A/N well I'm going to dedicate this to the love of my life. This is the time we first met and become best friends, this is also one of my favorite memories I have shared with him. Jakob is truly the sweetest, caring person I know and he loves with everything he has. You don't find many people like him and I'm lucky to have him in my life. Well I hope you guys enjoy!

A new town and a new school, just great. well its not like i had much of a choice anyway, it was either move with my dad and step-mom or stay with my mom. I would rather move than stay with my mom, she makes living with her unbearable.

so here i am, starting at a new school with seventh grade almost coming to an end. i had six weeks until it was over, six weeks to make a friend or spend my summer with my dad and step-mom. dont get me wrong i loved them but i would rather spend my summer with someone my age. just one friend that is all i wanted.

"So squirt are you ready for your first day?" My dad asked as he turned to look at me, even if I said no, I had no choice but to go. I sighed deeply as I pushed up my glasses, I hated them. They made me feel like a nerd, I couldn't wait until I can wear contacts like my my sisters Marcy.

"If I said no, would I have to go in?" I knew he would say no but it was worth a try.

"Sorry squirt you have to go, but come on your going to make lots of friend. You just wait and see." Easy for him to say, he wasn't the one that had to go out there and make friends.

I opened the car door and got out, I waved to my dad one more time before I walked off to my new school. It was bigger than my last school, I knew everyone in my last school. Now I'm going to have to meet new people.

I walked thought the doors, kids crowded the hallway. I didn't know where anything was, all I had was a map of the school and my class schedule. I looked at the map, but it wasn't making any sense to me, I most be looking at it wrong. I turned the map the other way but still I couldn't locate where my first class was. I was going to have to ask for help.

"Hey can you help me find my classroom?" I asked a girl next to me, she stared at me and rolled her eyes at me before she walked away from me. Bitch I muttered to myself, I swear some people are just plain out rude. Now I was going to be late for my first class.

"Your new," I turned around at the sound of someone talking to me. It was a boy a few inches shorter than me. He had jet black hair, his skin was fair and he had the most beautiful blue eyes I had ever seen, so blue not even sapphire them these could compare how beautiful they are. He smiled at me, "You look lost, would you like me to help you?"

Who was this boy, he didn't know me but he was so nice? "Yeah I'm new and I would love the help. I just can't figure out this map." I said as I turned the map again, he laughed and I joined him. His laugh was infectious, as well as his smile.

"Yeah don't trust these maps, I'm starting to believe they made these for us to get lost and be late for class on purpose. How else do they fill their detention quota?" We both laughed again, he was funny, I liked him. "Let me see your schedule," I handed it to him he looked at it and smiled. "Well it seems we have all the same classes, I can show you around if you would like. I'm Jakob by the way." He stuck out his hand and I shook his hand. " you want to be my friend?"

"I'm Ivan and yes I would love to be your friend." He smiled again and grabbed my hand.

"Great, come on we don't want to be late for Miss Winters class." We walked down the hallway towards Miss Winters room, when someone came and pushed Jakob. His hit the floor hard, he looked up at the guy that had pushed him. I looked at the boy that pushed him, he was your typical bully. Big ugly and mean, the boy looks at me.