Our First Valentine's Day

My first Valentines with Jakob wasn't one of the best one. First of all we were just fourteen and had to have Jakob's dad drive us around. So that made things awkward, haha this was still when his dad didn't think I wasn't just a sex-crazed teenager.

We went to a movie, Dear John. By the way Nicolas Sparks you suck! Yes I have a problem with him, he is seriously a mood killer and every boyfriend/husband know that. Anyway we went to see this movie, I probably should have gone with other movie, especially since movies like these always make Jakob cry.

So we are there watching the movie and I am bored out of my mind but Jakob is already tearing up because the couple break up, I think. I can't really remember or did I really care. The night is ruined because of Damn Nicolas Sparks!

Instead of going out to dinner Jakob's dad just drove us home, because he just didn't feel like going to dinner anymore. so there goes my chance to give him his gift. They drop me off at my house and I just stand there watching them leave.

Pissed I just go inside and my dad sees me, "Your home early. I wasn't expecting you for another few hours. Did something happen?" I just sit down next to him.

"Yeah Nicolas Sparks," he just laughed.

"I told you to pick another movie, but no you said nothing is going to happen. Hmm I guess I was right." he laughed at me again.

"Ugh whatever dad." 

"So did you give him his gift?" I shook m head, "Why not?"

"I don't know, just thought it would be romantic to give it to him when we had dinner."

"When did you become the romantic?"

"I don't know, just what I'm going to give him is really special."

"I know and he would love it, so the question is what are you still doing here? Get your butt off the couch and go over to Jakob's house."

So I'm outside of Jakob's house and I'm holding his gift in my hand. It was kind of late and didn't know if I should go to the door, at the same time I didn't want his dad to get mad a me fore being there late. I said screw it and rang the door bell, his mom answered and told me to go ahead and go to his room.

I walked into his room and found him reading a book, "Hey." I said as I sat down on his bed. "I forgot to give you your valentines gift." I handed him the gift.

"I thought we said no gifts?" he said as he looked at it.

"I know but I didn't waste money on it, so it doesn't count. Plus I have been wanting to give you this for a while." he smiled and opened the box, he pulled out the piece of paper.

"You wrote me a poem?" I laughed and nodded my head.

Jakob

J is for Joyful, how I feel when I'm with you.

A is for how adorable you look when you get mad

K is for the kindness you have for everyone.

O is for how open hearted you are.

B is for the beautiful brave person you are. 

Jakob is more than just a name and everyday I fall in love with you.

"Aw thank you, that is very sweet of you, I love it." he kissed me on the cheek. "Sorry for ruining our date.

"That's ok, I'm just glad I got to give you the poem and you loved it." he hugged me.

I don't know how else to continue this, there are so many memories, good and bad. I just don't know how or what to put really, so here is the deal. You tell me something you want to know and I will share it with y'all. I mean it, ask anything you want.