Chapter 23: Yes!

Everyone is looking at us intensely. I become more confused.

"Why is everyone staring?" I ask looking all the way around the kitchen. When I turn back to face Andy, he is down on one knee, a beautiful ring placed into the box. I look at Andy who has a nervous smile on his face.

"Athena, I love you so much, This ring was supposed to be a Promise ring, but I changed my mind. I wanted it to be more than that, because you are the only girl I want for the rest of my life. I need you, because without you, I am a mess, I am an idiot, etc. Point is, you balance me out, and I love that. We have been through so much, and I just want you. So would you Athena Rae Edwards Green do me the honors of marrying me and becoming my Mrs. Fowler?" He asks. 

Tears are rushing down my face ruining my makeup. I try to say something, but can't. I choke back more tears, and finally answer.

"Yes, Andy. I will marry you." 

He smiles and kisses my lips passionately after slipping the ring on my finger. When that is over, I look over to see Aphro with a guy next to her. I furrow my eyebrows. 

"Aphro, babe, Who is this young gentlemen accompanying you this evening?" I ask.

"This is my boyfriend, Michael. Michael this is my best friend, Athena." I shake his hand.

"Be nice to her. You won't like the monster in me if you treat her wrong, the last one, well, he got lucky." I say looking over at my mother, and Harvey glaring at them.

They seem not to notice much, so I move my gaze back to my best friends new man. "Just be good to her, she's been through too much, and I don't need to see her hurt again that's all." 

"I understand." He says.....In an Australian accent. I smile at the couple and walk towards my mom and Harvey. I'm still pretty pissed at them, but I have decided that I should talk to them atleast.

"Hey bug." Harvey says.

"Hi guys." I say.

"How are you doing? We haven't spoken in awhile, is the business going alright?" My mom asks.

"Things are fine mom. The business is running smoothly." I say. She nods.

"Athena babe, are you ready to tell everyone?" Andy asks me. I look at him, and nod my head. 

"Okay, so since we are all here, I have some exciting news, and no I'm not pregnant, not yet. My company is actually expanding to some other countries, like Australia, Ireland, Germany, and America! The first place is going to be Ireland, and once it gets going out there, we will start on the others. I'm really excited, and I wanted to thank all of you, for making this possible for me, and coming into my life to support me. I love you guys so much." I say to them.

"Athena, that's great! I'm so happy for you, congratulations!!" I hear dad say. 

Things are going so great right now, and nothing in this world could take that away.