Chapter 15: Oh No..

I decide to crawl back out of my bed for the third time today, so that I can run to the bathroom to throw up. I am so tired of throwing up, out of the blue. Like what is it with my body right now? 

As I am brushing my teeth, trying to get the vomit scent and taste out of my mouth, my phone dings. 

Daddio-Could you come to the lobby? I need someone to talk. 

Athena-Come up to my room dad. I'm not feeling well. 

Daddio-Okay coming up now. 

Athena-Just walk right in. It's unlocked.

I finish brushing my teeth right as my dad opens the door. I sit down on my bed, while he sits on the stool at the foot of the bed.

"Dad, what's wrong?" I ask. 

"Your mom and I both messed up. We have both been talking about this for awhile, and I know this will effect you even if you're an adult, but we are filing for a divorce after we get back to the UK. Some things have happened, and we aren't really sure we can fix them, or even forget them." He starts. 

"What happened?" I ask.

"I slept with another man awhile back. I was extremely pissed drunk, and it happened. I slept with that man, again last night. Your mom, well she slept with another man also. That same night, and slept with him again last night." 

"Who was it?" I ask.

"I don't want to tell you, because you will look at them differently, and I don't want you to look at any of us differently." He says.

"Okay. Dad you just need to tell me. What am I gonna do? Murder them." I ask.

"I slept with Rye." He says. "And mom well she slept with Harvey." 

I gulp. "My mother slept with my best friends fiance?" I ask, irritation arising with my mother.

"Yeah. That uh. yes." He stutters out. I sigh. 

"You know, Aphro is my best fucking friend, and she's happy about marrying him!" I say the irritation rising. 

"I know babe. I didn't mean to, I'm really sorry. How about you and I go out for a father-daughter spa day? Maybe help us relax a bit?" He suggests. 

"Sure dad." I smile. We get up, and walk out of my room, down the stairs, through the lobby, and out of the hotel. 

"What if I started seeing someone else anyways? Like I know we are super close and all so your opinion really matters to me." He says as we get into the rental car.

"Would you stay around, even if you guys divorce?" I ask hopeful. 

"Of course. I wouldn't leave you, just because your mother and myself were being selfish. You will always matter to me. No matter what. I love you kid." He says grabbing my hand as we pull into a parking space.

"I love you too Brooklyn. You have been a really amazing father figure to me, and I am proud to have you in my life." I say smiling a genuine smile.

"Good. Come on let's go relax a bit." He says. I nod, and we get out of the car. I walk into the spa place dad behind me.

"Hello guys. How may I help you?"

"Two Father-Daughter Spa day tickets please?" 

"Coming right up Mr. Gibson Wyatt." The guy says. I look at my dad in shock.

"I'm a huge fan. My daughter is too." The guys says smiling. 

"Wow. Uhm, I haven't seen a fan in a few years." Dad says getting nervous. I step in.

"He's a bit shaken up about this. He's gonna be fine, he just hasn't seen a fan in awhile like he said, and he might have a bit of anxiety, and discomfort at the current moment in time, however, it is NOT your fault. He may relax after the spa, and you could talk with him then, if that's okay?" 

"Of course. That would be awesome." He says handing us the tickets. 

"Come on now dad. Let's go." I say helping dad walk towards the spa area. 

-After Spa Day-

So after the spa time with dad (Which was fucking fantastic btw) we decide to hit the store up for some snacks. 

"I'll go grab drinks. You get the snacks babe." He says. I nod splitting ways to find the snacks. I walk down the aisle passing the pregnancy tests. 

"That's a weird place for pregnancy tests to be. By the snacks? Weird." I mumble to myself looking through the bags of chips. For some reason I can't stop glancing at the tests, everything in me is saying get the test, just for assurance. Just to make sure that I'm okay. 

So I do just that. I grab a box of two tests, a bag of chips and quickly pay before dad gets back. By the time he arrives at the register my tests are hidden. 

He pays for his things and then we go back out to the car. 

-Skip Drive. Back at the hotel now-

"You can sit wherever dad, I gotta use the bathroom." I say taking my bag to the bathroom and locking the door. I turn on some music, to keep things less awkward. I pee on just one for tonight. 

The result comes out 'NEGATIVE' So I have that possibility. I am going to take the other one tomorrow. 

I throw it away, wash my hands then go back into the room and sit on the bed. I pull out my bag of chips and dads. We settle on just some movie on the cable. 

"So why did you buy pregnancy tests at the store earlier kiddo?" Dad asks during a commercial. 

My heart stops my breath hitching. I scramble my mind for an answer, finally making something up that he bought easily.

"Oh. Uhm for a friend I met here. Long story." I say. He nods.