Chapter 12

Megan,

        I just received your letter. Although, when I look at the date it seems that I'm a couple months late. I can't believe it's been almost a year since we've seen each other.

        Once again, you leave me speechless. I'm sorry for everything.

        Are we going to make these letters a thing now? We should.

        Okay, here's what we're going to do Meg. Whenever we feel like we need someone to talk to, write a letter. It doesn't even have to be when you feel like you need someone to talk to.

        Maybe it's just because you miss that person.

        It's been a long couple of months for me and I know that it's been the same for you.

        You're wondering why I'm writing you back. I know you are. As crazy as it sounds, I'm currently surrounded by a bunch of people, but I feel like I'm sitting here screaming at the top of my lungs and no one is noticing me. How cliche of me right?

        You want an answer to that question. Well here's that answer Meg: I don't know. I don't know why I'm writing you.

        I'm going to change the subject multiple times in this letter, Meg, just for you

        Your dad.

        It hurt me while I read that part of your letter. Honestly, I wish that I could've met him that night and thanked him for his service.

        I don't give up on meeting him because one day I will. Eventually, I will finally get to meet your wonderful father.

        The letters that you keep in his box? I kept yours too. No, they aren't in a special box of mine, but I keep them close to me every single day.

        Your letters are perfect Megan. Ruby actually gave me your letter.

        You probably don't care about her. Let me rephrase that- you don't care about her. Not at all. I don't blame you.

        She's truly nice. I didn't know what to say to her when she handed me this letter, but she spoke for me. I've been single for about ten minutes now and I still have mixed feelings about this.

        Shai has told me that you and Brent seem to be as close as ever. No really, she's been talking HOURS about how 'amazingly perfect' you two are.

        I'm just happy to know that you're happy. You probably didn't know this, but I do know Brent. Like you said, Ansel introduced you to him and he did the same to me. Well, five years ago to be exact.

        You've got a good guy on your hands.

        Before I end this letter, which is going to be shorter than usually because my manager is currently yelling at me, I want to tell you one very important thing.

        Since you said that you didn't like 'Have a nice life Megan Worth', I found a way to fix that.

        I hope to read your letter soon, but until then Megan,

        Always remember to Smile Beautiful.

        -Theo