Chapter 10

Megan's POV~

Just breath. It's not like some stranger just covered your mouth in the middle of the woods and he might rape you. Okay, maybe that is the situation... It sucks that I can't get a good look at the person's face because they've stood behind me this whole time.

"I'm going to move my hand away, but promise me that you won't scream?" 

It's a guy...

I nodded my head as he moved his hands away. I quickly turned my head around to see the one, the only, Theo James.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me!" I raised my voice. 

"Look Megan-"

"What are you even doing back here? This is still on Ansel's property you know?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Well after the- incident," he cleared his throat. "I just kept walking and I ended up here. Sometimes I just come up here to think. Just clear my head for a while. Rethink some things you know?" he looked at me.

Wait- why am I here talking with Volde- I mean Theo. 

"You know Megan, you deserve to know why I was a 'fucktard'."

How did he-?

"To be honest, if I were you I would've let Callie come over and chop off 'that little thing she calls a dick'." he chuckled. "I was a complete dick to you and I regret it. You just have to know that it wasn't intentional. She's my ex and she just came back from a movie without telling me. Things just escalated and I got carried away. I wasn't trying to make up for the scene; that was a cheesy line anyway. I understand that you don't want to talk to me anymore."

"How did you know about all of the stuff that Callie told me?"

"Let's just say that she called me and left a pretty detailed message on my phone. I didn't know that she told you all of that." he scratched the back of his neck.

"Well, uh, thanks, I guess." I started to walk away.

"Bye Megan."

_______________________________

"You're beautiful." Ansel smiled at Violetta.

"No, but thank you." she smiled back.

"Don't deny your beauty." he kissed her forehead.

"I love them both, but they're kind of annoying me right now," Shai whispered.

"Me too," I replied.

"Follow me!" she grabbed my hand and dragged me up the stairs. She brought me to the guest bedroom that I was staying in and shut the door. "So how was your walk this morning?"

Should I tell her?

"It was fine." I half-smiled. "I just needed the exercise."

"Run into anyone?" she winked.

Shit.

"No, why?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Someone I know just hangs out on the trails every now and then. I just thought that you might've run into them. Never mind, though."

She's talking about Theo; she has to be. Why the hell did she wink, though? 

"It's fine. Do you think the two lovebirds are done yet?" I joked.

"Probably not." she laughed. "Knowing them, it could be like this for the rest of the day!"

"I hope not!"