chapter seven

Zhengting walks back to his room with a fluttering feeling in his chest, but oddly his stomach feels uneasy too. Could it be something he had eaten earlier? He doesn't think that instant noodles would be causing his stomach to feel this way, right? Perhaps they were expired...

Zhengting grabs at his stomach, trying to sooth the chaos going on inside it. It doesn't feel like any actual bodily pain, but more of a feeling he's having. His brain is playing tricks on him again, isn't it?

Then, if not a response to something bad he's eaten, why does his stomach feel this way? Could it be what he'd just experienced?

Well, he knows he feels light and fluttering from his interaction from Yixing, but the feeling he's having is not what he would describe as butterflies in his stomach. He recognizes this feeling, one he would get when he did something bad and his mom would be reprimanding him for it. Then, is this feeling guilt? Guilt for what?

Xukun's hurt face flashes in Zhengting's head, and he understands. Could he perhaps be feeling bad for hurting Xukun? He's never seen that look on Xukun, so maybe it is just him feeling bad for his roommate. Was Xukun really that hurt, though? If so, then why was he so hurt?

Ah.

It clicks in Zhengting's head suddenly: Xukun was jealous. It makes sense, Zhengting thinks, given how Xukun wouldn't ever need to be jealous of anyone, so Zhengting has never really seen Xukun be jealous before. He'd must of been jealous of Zhengting getting Yixing's attention, he's sure of it. Then that means Xukun really does like Yixing. Then the competition between the two of them is only commencing.

Zhengting opens the door to his room, sighing at finally being able to relax. As he stretches his neck, looking around the room, he sees that it is empty. Odd, because wasn't he supposed to meet Xukun here? Zhengting rolls his eyes, paying no mind to the broken promise the two to of them had made.

He falls into his bed, groaning in pleasure at the softness of his bed. He lays there for a couple of seconds, basking in the warmth of his sheets, and the softness of the stuffed animals surrounding his bed. Zhengting isn't really a stuffed animal type of person, he would like to argue, but his friends have gotten a habit of buying him so many of them anyway. You can't throw out a present that friends give you, it would be mean.

Zhengting turns over to get more comfortable, his face now able to see Xukun's bed. Zhengting's momentary relaxing time already disrupted.

Xukun's side of the room is horrendous. An absolute mess. Zhengting can't understand how Xukun let's himself live like this, how he can even find the stuff he needs with all of the mess he makes. There's socks and clothes all over the floor, snack bags and wrappers everywhere, and he's pretty sure that their homework for their english class is just crushed at the end of Xukun's bed. Lovely.

Then, should Zhengting help him clean up? He did say he wanted to do something for Xukun after he did his laundry...

Zhengting takes in a deep breath, and stands up from his bed. First, he knows he'll have to find some garbage bag for all the snack wrappers Xukun has lying all over the floor. Sadly, Zhengting doesn't have garbage bags because he doesn't need them. He never has to do big cleaning like this on his side of the room because he cleans daily.

Zhengting starts heading out, only needing a couple of steps before he stops in front of Yanchen's room. The little whiteboard on their door reads 'Xingjie is here skrt skrt", making Zhengting snort, but he knocks on the door anyway.

"Coming!" Xingjie calls out, before opening the door. Xingjie's hair is down, covering a bit of his eyes, and he's shirtless. If he didn't know that Yanchen has a gigantic crush on Xingjie, Zhengting would definitely be looking at Xingjie's abs, but of course, Zhengting is a loyal bro, so he looks directly at Xingjie's eyes.