Chapter 13

The birds fluttered their wings outside Lucy's window. It was morning. The start to a new day and the last day of the year. A day to plan and one for reflection certainly. The morning rose bright and cheery for all the inhabitants of Merryville Drive, but the Littles were wrought with distress. A new form of uproar held them distraught.

This one decidedly more alarming and disturbing than all past moments of outburst within the Little family. But with the sensitive nature of the matters being discussed, this upheaval was more of the hush hush kind. It was whispered in secret between the three Little sisters.

"I lost my virginity."

"You what?"

"I lost my virginity," repeated Cat simply, as if she had just lost her pet cat and not something vitally important like her V-card.

Lucy stared at Cat flabbergasted. Was this a joke? But this was Cat, she wouldn't joke about something like this. But then she wouldn't have been the one spouting off this nonsense either. Cat was the bookish one. How the hell...???

Lucy rounded on Emily, "How could you be so irresponsible, Emily?" She demanded of her little sister. "How could you let this happen to you?" Lucy demanded forgetting her own many near misses with Jace.

"Why are you scolding me? Cat's the one who did It!" Wailed Emily, protestingly.

"Just how stupid do you think I am? I know Cat is just covering up for you! She's taking the blame onto herself for your wrong doings like always," Lucy said sarcastically.

"Well this time she isn't. This time she did the wrong all on her own," barked Emily angrily.

"Hey, you guys I'm right here. I can answer to my own mistakes," said Cat mournfully.

Lucy turned on her then. "What is wrong with you? How could you just go and...? Oh My God! Were you raped?" Lucy asked horrified.

Cat stared back transfixed. Her eyes widening and turning glassy, she looked more cat-like than ever before, if one discounted the blue-and-not-green hues of her iris. She contemplated the question seriously before concluding quite decisively. "No... No! I don't know just how it happened only that it did." Cat reiterated unhelpfully.

"Alright, let's all calm down," Lucy said more to herself than to anyone else, "I want you to tell me exactly what happened."

Then another horrifying thought struck her, and she burst out again ahead of herself, "Did you use protection?"

"I... I don't know!" Cat erupted into an uncharacteristic wail. Lucy scrunched her face and clenched her teeth in agitation. This behaviour was exactly what was expected from Emily, but Cat? She just didn't understand it.

"Just tell it already!" Emily interrupted demanding impatiently.

They were all gathered at their usual sisters-meeting place, perched on Lucy's bed. The amount of drama that had unfolded over its soft contours over the years have been nothing short of astounding but this... this took the cake. Thankfully, Jace was already gone that morning before her sisters had come barging in with this... this news!

"I was at the party last night with Emily," begun Cat stupidly, for that they already knew. Lucy rolled her eyes but otherwise did not interrupt.

"He came up to me at the party-"

"Who?" Both Emily and Lucy yelled impatiently.

"I don't know! I don't even know his name!" Wailed Cat.