Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"Do we really have to go?"

Lucy asked not for the first time. This evening was their last together and then she would be back home with her parents and Jace with his. Lucy was a little nervous about their parting. Jace would get busy with work and Lucy would revert to willing away her time trying to decide on her future. She worried about her parent's reaction to Jace and her as a couple. But she knew the twins could not be bribed for their silence. She'd already tried.

Lucy snuggled up against Jace and tried to rest her troubled mind and get some sleep. She was worried about Richard Reeves. What did he mean by his invite? What did her intend for her? She rested her head on Jace's naked chest and watched it rise and fall as he took in a great sigh.

This was not the first time she'd brought up her reluctance to visit Richard Reeves. She had slipped it into their conversation several times on the way back to the Neil's beach cottage. The party had finished late, and being one of the last to arrive, Jace had felt duty bound to remain to the end. That had worried Lucy all of two minutes because Jace had spent every moment there on the dance floor with Lucy secure in his arms.

Lucy was still undecided whether to mention Richard and his bizarre hand fetish. Her breath caught recalling his affinity to her hand. She'd never known she could be made to feel so much from so little. Richard was certainly skilled in love making. But Lucy was still uncomfortable with her reactions to having his lips pressed against her hand. She shivered in remembrance. But then the comfortable warm bedding she was resting on shifted and moved.

"Honey, we can discuss this tomorrow. You need to sleep," Jace murmured softly. His words almost a slur as sleep begun to overpower him. Lucy was moved and shifted again before she found herself on her back and Jace was hovering over her.

"You shouldn't worry so much," he leaned down to kiss at the corner of her mouth to nibble teasingly at her pout. Lucy pressed her lips to his but he pulled back, "Uh-uh you have to earn your right to a proper kiss." That brought her pout back full on.

His chuckle rumbled over her, "You are so adorable."

And, the pout progressed into a scowl. "Yes, let's get some sleep," she said and made to shove at his steely chest. Lucy would push him away.

With a little growl that brought out a squeal of excitement in her Jace nuzzled his face against the soft mounds of her chest. Lucy clutched him closer at first before she remembered to shove him away.

"Baby don't be like that, " he whispered huskily, raining kisses down her chest where the fabric of her pyjama top miraculously unbuttoned to give him access to more of her flesh. His lips dropped greedily to close in on her heaving breast drawing in tight and suckling hungrily. Lucy couldn't and didn't hold back on the moan that emerged through her clenched teeth.

Bam! Bam!

They jerked apart. The hammering sound had come from the adjoining room. Jace's parents must have heard them. Intimacies of any kind was out of the question with his parents bunked in the room right next to them. Lucy flushed beet red, embarrassed that they knew just what she had been up to. Knew it and didn't approve. They didn't want poor Lucy for their son.

"Shhh. luv. It's okay," Jace comforted her in a loving hug but Lucy could see the red flush to his skin and heard the pounding of his heart and knew he was similarly affected. So, she wound a comforting arm about him and cuddled him close before she reached out to snap the lights off.

The next morning was a rush of packing before everyone loaded up into their respective cars and begun the long drive back. The beach house had always been fun but this few days had been overwhelmingly different. Lucy sat beside Jace, her hand gripping his for most of the long drive back while the twins sat at the back mostly quiet themselves. With Em having nodded off, Cat spent most of the time with her nose stuck between the pages of a book.