Chapter 12

The clear blue water barely rippled as his power packed dived cleaved through its surface in a controlled effort.

"You should be in the Olympics," Lucy exclaimed from the sidelines as Jace emerged dripping water as he ran a hand through his damp hair.

He flashed her a quick grin at that, then said unsurprisingly, "Now why would I want to do that? Swimming is all fun for me. I am not about to turn it into work."

"You're incorrigible," Lucy grinned at him then playfully splashed at him before running away from the pool's edge.

"You really shouldn't have done that," he said with all seriousness, but Lucy saw the impish glimmer in his eyes and knew he was up to no good. She watched with baited anticipation as his slicked wet body emerged from the pool. His arms and thighs contracted to haul up and support his weight, visibly bulking up the muscles he had there and drying her throat at the same time.

"Uh-uh," she doubled back as he lunged forward. With a skittish yelp Lucy threw herself into the water with a loud messy splash but Jace wasn't far behind diving back in right after her he reached up to make a grab for her even as she struggled to surface. Lucy was pulled under. Still holding her breath, she felt the pressure mounting as the need to breathe grew but then he was kicking them both up to the surface and Lucy drew in a mighty gasp of much needed air.

"Are you alright? I'm sorry that was stupid of me. I caught you too quick. You didn't have a chance to draw in a breath first. I'm sorry," called out Jace urgently, growing frantic at her lack of response. "Speak to me, dammit! "

Lucy slapped his wet chest with her open palm effectively getting him to shut up. Anger rose to the surface. His stunt had been infantile. He could have... but her gaze was then caught and held in his. Darkened wet lashes framed his baby blues and the fire in Lucy's liquid gold turned into something else entirely. Without a word, Lucy wound her legs about his waist and took his lips in a hungry devouring kiss.

Jace reacted on instinct. He hauled her up higher and pressed her in closer never breaking contact as he took over and ruled the kiss. They gulped and slurped at each other taking face eating to new heights till Jace caved in and called a halt," Enough! Anymore and I will...."

"Will what?" Lucy asked still struggling to get back some semblance of control over her aching body that only wanted to grind itself against him and then some.

"I will not be responsible for my actions," he replied firmly.

"If you are not responsible, then will I be?" Lucy questioned suggestively. "Will I be responsible... for... your... actions?"

"Stop it," he grouched before grinding his hips hard against her and eliciting a moan of excitement. Lucy laughed. Loving the feeling of power that playing with fire gave her. Jace shifted his hold to push her up higher so that he could bury his face in the valley between her breasts. He shook his head like a wet dog and Lucy squealed calling out, "Uncle!".

His blue eyes darkened as passion clearly took over. Their lips met one last time. Parched for more and then drinking hungrily from each other, before Jace tore them apart to abruptly tossed her aside in a resounding splash and kicked off to the opposite ends of the pool.

Lucy spluttered as she drew up for air. Her gaze raced across the expanse of the pool to lock in with Jaces. All humour drained away at the intense hunger she saw reflected in their depths. Lucy gulped helplessly knowing hers reflected the same. His fingers clenched to grip the pool sides as if to hold him physically back.