Prologue

Copyright © 2018 by H. M. Irwing

All Rights Reserved

This book may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author and publisher.

In no way is it legal to reproduce, duplicate, or transmit any part of this document in either electronic means or in printed format. Recording of this publication is strictly prohibited and any storage of this document is not allowed unless with written permission from the publisher.

Facebook : H. M. Irwing

Prologue

Prologue

Los Angeles - Eighteen years earlier

"I never would have believed it, a pair of angels."

The tender words belied the menace in his tone as the masked robber stared down into the twin cradles. The six-months-old were not identical. Not only was one dark and the other fair but the baby boy had vivid blue eyes that he shared with his mother while his twin sister eyes were amber, like her father's. She was a golden cherub all over from her light hair, to her lightly bronzed skin while her brother's darker colouring more resembled his part African American father's heritage.

"Starr's kids were born with the proverbial silver spoon," said the blond woman with piercing blue eyes. "This is only fair."

Not quite the infant's mother but her identical match. Twins ran in the Shubert's family bloodline. Their genes were strong that way. Stacy and Mary Shubert shared the same long blond locks, the same baby blue eyes and the same feature. There was nothing physical to tell them apart. But the resemblance ended there. Still, their even more visceral differences hadn't mattered in the long run. Not till the rock star legend in making, Knyte Starr fell for not Stacy but her sister, Mary. Even when he'd seen her first. That had rankled. That had hurt. But no more. Not after this night. The only ones who would be hurting now will be her sister Mary and her unfortunate choice in a husband, Knyte Starr.

It's should have been her, Stacy, whom he fell in love with. Stacy whom he'd married. These should have been her children that she'd had with him. It never made sense why he'd chosen Mary over her. It never made sense that she'd be deprived of what was rightfully hers.

"What are you waiting for? Take them!" Stacy all but spat out. This was called for. After what Mary had done to her. Stealing Knyte away from her and leaving her with, with- No. This was fitting. This was fair.

"Them?" The masked man's amused tones were not at all muffled by the mask he wore. "There's no way I am taking both his brats. One is enough. One is vengeance. Both is charity." His chuckles of laughter rang out loudly and Stacy was forced to glance around in alarm before frantically shushing him.

"What are you afraid of darlin? You and me, we're here all alone babe. What say we fuck around a little. I could do you on their bed. Or right here by their babes." His chuckle rang out once more. Vicious and oddly appealing.