[2] Crow.

[[[Disgusting, hideous, vomitous drawing of Vixen to the right. I did it back when I first uploaded the book, almost a year ago, and sooo it sucks. Sucks buttholes. Can't believe I'm even posting it.]]]

     Little Vixen's loud, excited laughter scared the black feathered birds away from the tree above him. Good thing it did, the boy hated the way they kept following his friend around.

     Said friend was watching him, silently trying to understand Vixen's behaviour. He couldn't figure out the meaning of dangling around on a tire swing, so he just stood there by the tree's trunk, watching the laughing boy's fiery hair as it was being ruffled by the wind.

     The tire then came to a stop, and little Vixen tried moving again, but his little legs didn't manage to swing the heavy tire. He turned his head towards his friend to offer a sheepish grin.

     "Please push me again, Crow?" he pleaded, gripping the rope in excitement when the boy silently walked behind him. Looking up, he noticed with annoyance that the dark birds returned, their constant presence being the very reason he called his nameless friend after them. "Stay away from my friend!" he yelled, a victorious grin stretching on his lips as he watched them fly away.

     Vixen woke up and blinked a few times to swap away the flashback. When his vision clarified, focusing on the white cracked ceiling above him, he sighed deeply, the puzzled frown on his face turning into a glare. He raised his hand to touch his aching ear, noticing bandage at its base.

     Looking to his left, he saw the familiar nurse smile at him pitifully, the way she always would. The whole hospital situation was a repetitive scene of his life, but it never ceased to stab his ego and shove it deeper down his throat. Looking back at the ceiling, he wondered why they even bothered putting him in hospital every time. Hell, he even had his own destined room.

     "Vixen..." the nurse spoke, holding his hand hesitantly. After all the times the hero reached that bed, the two of them involuntarily became friends. Well, as much of a friend as one could be with the grumpy, self-loathing, alcoholic hero.

     "Please don't give up yet..." she begged, tightening the grip on his hand.

     "Yet? I didn't give up the first hundreds of times he put me in hospital, and guess what? I'm actually starting to doubt the possibility of ever defeating him..." he spoke sarcastically while pulling off the strings connected to his chest.

     He then stood up, oblivious to the fact that he was only wearing boxers while a girl was in the room, and looked around for his clothes.The space wasn't that big, and so he found them easily on the faded turquoise floor, by the pale grey wall.

     They were, of course, ripped and blood soaked, but he couldn't care less. After pulling his pants on, he turned to face the nurse, who was holding a bag of medicines nervously. Dark red strands of hair escaped the bun and her makeup was fading off- she surely spent quite some time taking care of the hero.

     Vixen extended his hand, raising his eyebrow in a silent dare. The girl shook her head stubbornly, more strands slipping from the bun.

     "Delilah, hand me the painkillers." he threatened, despite knowing her gest was thoughtful. She shook her head again, eyes fixed on the ground. "You're seriously going to refuse giving me the pills? You could get fired for this."

     At that, the nurse raised her head, her expression never leaving the pity Vixen despised deeply. "But back when I gave you-"

     "That was months ago, will you let it drop? I didn't overdose on them ever since. Now, must we go through this every time I end up here?" the hero snapped, his voice louder than he planned. Delilah flinched, shakily handing him the bag of pills.