[7] Birds.

A few days later, Vixen woke up yet again with a big smile on his face, the grin matching the teddy bear's he was squeezing. Despite knowing how silly it was to do so, he hadn't slept without the plush ever since the date, and every morning greeted him with a moment of happiness.

     But, the way he did every morning since, he threw the plush to the ground and forced himself to erase the smile off his lips.

     Crow's return was not something he should be happy about. The town was in danger once again and he had to focus on that. But how could he focus when his mind held so many questions?

     After years of having been beaten up, Vixen raged at the villain's raven, yelling his hatred for Crow. Just then, Crow decided to leave as if the words affected him, only to return after three weeks, when he so happened to have decided dating Vixen.

     The hero was confused.

     With a sigh, he stood up from the bed and dressed up in dark grey jeans and a white v neck shirt, then grabbed his leather jacket after noticing the approaching rain. He had to go out and walk the streets, in case the villain showed up. Ever since that day, he's been all eyes and ears.

     Snatching the keys off his nightstand, he went to the small apartment's door and opened it. With a last glance at the plush, he left.

<><><><><> 

     Vixen's head snapped to the left when he heard a cry, bones shivering as his tail struggled against his spine.

     ... just a child tugging at his mother, pointing towards a toy in the nearby shop.

     With a sigh, the hero continued walking, his oversized boots slapping the cement with splashes. As he had predicted, it was raining.

     All around him people were passing by with umbrellas, glancing at his soaked self sorrily. Little did they know that the reason he didn't bring an umbrella was so that it wouldn't get in the way of taking action to save their sorry asses if needed.

     He heard a loud scream from across the street.

     Not even gazing that way, he ran for it. However, the moment he got halfway there, a car screeched loudly before hitting him in the side.

     He rolled to the ground with a grunt, but as soon as his arms hit the cement again he was pushing himself forwards, determined to help. His hip hurt badly when he got himself on his feet, but he kept running, reaching the sidewalk.

     Rounding the corner of an apartment complex, he came to face a coffee place.

     ...outside of which a man was proposing a woman under the heavy rain.

     Vixen stopped with a halt and clenched his jaw, ears slumping down along with his shoulders. Grimly, he watched as the woman screamed once again, this time affirmatively, before jumping into the man's arms.

     When people chose to clap, the hero slowly walked away from the crowd.

     It was becoming tiring... Four days since the villain showed up, and he had yet to act. It was driving Vixen mad, if the way he was gripping at his hair was anything to go by.

     Was this what he was planning in the first place? For him to go nuts?

     He huffed loudly, raising his head to let the rain wash over him.