[10] Tick tock.

The scent of lilac hugged every fiber of Vixen as tightly as he hugged Crow. He could feel the villain's ribs shift in is embrace, hear the leather on him squeak and feel his own head move with the man's calm breaths.

     He muffled his ridiculous hysterics in Crow's arm, helpless regarding the snot that leaked out of his nose freely. His head was foggy, but at the same time he felt more alive and healthy than ever. Relieved.

     His scalp kept shivering as if he was receiving the massage of his life, despite Crow's gloved fingers remaining still and tightly clenched in his hair.

     "I love you..." Vixen whimpered. "Crow, I love you."

     It was then that the villain did return the hug with the arm previously limp. Needless to say, Vixen's tail went crazy to the point his spine started hurting, what with being pressed to the seizuring thing.

     Then, all noise faded away with a beep, and Vixen felt as if his organs detached any link to each other and floated around his body aimlessly. More air exited his lungs that he'd thought to have had and his knees gave up, however he didn't move an inch downwards thanks to Crow's grip.

     When he felt his lungs finally expand again, he peeked past Crow's arm to gawk at his surroundings. As everything clicked into place, he feared moving his feet- he knew for a fact there was now a puddle of organs and feathers under his soles.

     It was how Crow teleported from one place to another. His body would snap into that of a raven's, and considering the difference of sizes, the birds would simply snap.

     The last thing he wanted in life was to pull back from a hug with Crow, but curiosity got the best of the feline in him.

      They were in a very wide grass field. Behind Crow, in the distance, as if stamped to the horizon, stood the town with its pale buildings crowded together as if cuddling in fear of becoming one with the nothingness around it.

      Vixen looked around, then turned half a circle and came to face a small clock tower, about three floors high (including the ground one). Its clock, as wide as the wall of the top floor, was made of glass. The pointers didn't work since the clockwork must've been taken out for the thing to be see-through.

     "You live here?" Vixen asked. It looked ready to collapse, but was downright beautiful.

     Naturally, Crow didn't answer and simply walked to it. Vixen smiled shakily at the view, feeling as if the dry tears on his face cracked. The view of a man who had mutilated him bodily and mentally on multiple occasions these past years, and yet he couldn't for a second try and lower his lips.

     Once Vixen rounded the corner and got to the back of the building, he saw Crow holding a metal door open for him. He sketched another smile and hurried in.

     The ground floor didn't have anything in it particularly. There was a row of wood stairs leading up and another door that most likely led to a basement. Vixen, what with his immortality, lived enough to know that a long while ago there was a village around here and each building had basements as shelters from tornadoes, it was a vulnerable location. Considering nothing was left of it but the clock tower on a perimeter of a good few kilometers, it meant the basements hadn't been of much help.

     On the first floor there was what resembled a bedroom. Three mattresses on top of each other and several rows of books pressed to the wall opposite from the bed. In a corner there were many candles of all sizes and color pressed together with a puddle of dry wax underneath them. Most certainly a source of light.