[13] Mattress.

Vixen's face muscles were starting to ache just a little from the smile they had yet to get used to after all these blank years.

     The only time they took a break was when Vixen turned to peck Crow on the lips. But then he'd only glance away and grin wider than before.

    Crow's gloved hand remained wrapped firmly around Vixen's throughout the entire walk to the clock tower, but other than that he displayed no sign of affection save for returning the pecks.

     As if Vixen needed certain signs. The fact that his legs dangled a little before each step let Vixen deduce his happiness.

     Though a smile wouldn't hurt. Well, it was starting to hurt a little, but still.

     "Why couldn't the chicken cross the street?"

     Crow's eyelids fluttered a little before he blinked long. That represented a sigh.

     "It was disabled!"

     Vixen tried to keep his laughter in so that he'd hear Crow's. When, naturally, nothing occurred, he let it all out with snorts to go. Even 73 looked disappointed, hiding its beak into a wing.

     "Why didn't the cannibal eat the entire vegetable?"

     Crow opened his eyes only to close them once again.

     "He couldn't chew the wheelchair!"

     Vixen didn't even wait that time, breaking into a fit of hiccups and snickers. He'd heard them all from a patient at the hospital he used to end up in weekly. The guy was paralyzed from the waist down and was straight up bitter about it.

     "These are funny, I have more. What has two legs and is bleedin-"

      Hand gripped both Vixen's shoulders and turned him around, snatching him into a kiss. Vixen hummed lightly and then yelped.

     Crow held Vixen's jaw open and reached in, taking the man's tongue between his teeth. Vixen went to pull away but his tongue kept him from departing.

     73, from its place on Crow's shoulder, easily reached between the two and nipped Vixen's tongue with a quick bob of the head. Vixen stumbled away and hunched down, holding a hand over his mouth.

     "Jehuh!" he wailed, a thin thread of blood hanging by his lips. "I cah weive you..."

     With a frustrated sigh at his inability to speak, he strolled over to Crow and resumed hold of the hands, glaring ahead at the clock tower.

     He kept spitting blood on the way there until the organ healed, point at which he got to cool off his nerves.

     "For a quiet guy, your mouth interrupts me a hell lot. This should be the third time."

     They rounded the tower and got to the scraped metal door. Vixen went to open it but Crow tugged him backwards and bent down, hooking an arm around his knees and shoulders before straightening up.

     Vixen hugged his neck, snickering.

     "Didn't think you're superstitious..."

     Crow glanced at him. "I am a superstition. An omen of impending death. So yes I'm superstitious."

     Vixen couldn't help but chuckle. "Why didn't they give you a badge with that? It'd be hilarious. Can I make you one? Will you wear it?"

     Crow walked to the door. Since Vixen was hugging his neck, he let go of his back to open it and then went over the door step with a swift movement.