[15] Jacket.

The rain was coming to a stop. Droplets lazily danced on top of the leafs and weeds before giving up and dragging themselves down the branches and tulips.

     Vixen wasn't any better. After the previous white night, he was left sore all over to the point that every movement hurt. Crow's hand gripping his served as a support to some extent, but that didn't help his wish to just lay down and sleep.

     They were out for a walk in the endless field of grass. They haven't exchanged one word to each other ever since they woke up, perhaps because mere glances were more than enough to get thoughts across, and short pecks whispered a thousand confessions.

     A new level of intimacy had settled between them. But whenever was Vixen fully content and not asking for more?

    Last night, Crow had said his name. The rust of his low voice had taken over Vixen's insides, occupying their surface more and more with each mental echo of it until his organs turned to dust.

     He wanted that again. He wanted the man to address him on such personal level again.

     "Crow?"

     While Crow took his time in reacting, Vixen admired his leather jacket. It was really something. He's had it since 1976, the kind with a bunch of zippers and pockets that were virtually useless, but looked as cool as can be. It was just his size, not uncomfortably tight but still managing to show his structure.

     Under it, he had on a black long-sleeve t-shirt that didn't look thick enough for the weather. With a tsk, Vixen stopped in front of the man and pulled his jacket close, then fumbled with his zipper.

     Well this was being troublesome... He was used to unzipping men's clothes, not zipping them.

    Once he pulled it up all the way to his Adam's apple, he looked at Crow. The man was glancing somewhere above his head, but he returned his gaze right away, and bent down.

     Vixen pursed his lips into Crow's, humming at the taste of lilac. He parted his mouth and bent his head to the side as to lure Crow lower. The man followed, hugging his upper body and bringing him deeper into the kiss.

     Crow's head started bobbing up and down gently, and Vixen opposed his movements, their lips rubbing wetly. The fox man reached his hands up to his shoulders and ran them over the smooth leather collar.

     He pulled back with a loud smooch.

   "I really like this jacket." he fixed his collar around while Crow rubbed his cheekbone absent-mindedly. "Makes you look like a rebel..." he glanced up at his dark circles and pale complexity. "On heroin..."

     A line formed at the corner of Crow's right eye, the trace of a squint.

     "I didn't think you were listening."

     Crow moved his hand away from his cheekbone and walked ahead. Vixen grinned in a sheepish manner and watched his back go, with the logo of the jacket's brand barely comprehensible on it, all worn out.

     He could remember it from when it was new.

<><><><><><><> 

     Vixen stormed out of the circus tent, the entrance flapping after him.

     He was majorly mad after finding he'd have to do a number with Betty the Beardy. For a 12 years old girl, she could wreck someone's nerves like nothing else.