Chapter 10

Helooo Thank you all so much for the votes/comments! i really appreciate it! :D i made this chapter a bit longer and i hope you all enjoy! new chapter will be uploaded shortly! Thank you! :)

*****

Chapter 10

Nate was standing in front of the tattooed guy. What was he doing here?! I then remembered the phone call he got earlier today. This must have been what he was talking about. Either way, what was he thinking? The guy he had to fight was huge! He was never going to win and he’d end up breaking something or maybe even end up in the hospital! I had to admit that he looked really hot. He wasn’t wearing a shirt since you aren’t allowed if you are fighting unless you are a girl, and his six-pack looked even better than the last time I saw it. He also had this whole angry look thing going on with his face and looked like he was about to kill that guy. But he was still going to end up hurt. I had to stop this, but what could I do?

“Isn’t that Nate?” Jake questioned.

I was still shocked that he was here, and Jake could tell from my face expression.

“Yes it is. I-I don’t know why he’s here.”

“Did you know he was going to be here?” He asked probably hoping my answer would be ‘no’ which it was.

“No, but I can’t let him do this. He’s going to get really hurt.”

“There’s not much you can do. They’re starting in a few seconds. I guess you’re just gonna have to leave it.”

He was right. I couldn’t do anything except to hope he’d be all right. I couldn’t watch him get hurt. I looked at him one last time with a worried expression but I was surprised that he noticed me and his face turned shocked and confused. He was about to say my name but ended up getting punched in the face instead. I looked away and grabbed Jake’s arm and pulled him outside.

“Do you want me to bring you home?” He asked friendly.

“Yes please.”

****

“Listen, I know this was probably not a very good first date and going there wasn’t a very good idea, but I really like you and I really wanna see you again. Do you think you would go out with me again? Maybe let me take you out on a proper date, like to a restaurant?”

I was speechless. He thought this was a date? And he liked me that way? Oh god! What was I supposed to do now? I couldn’t tell him that all I wanted to be was just friends. I don’t want to hurt his feelings, but I didn’t like him that way.

“Emm I’ll keep it in mind.” I smiled.

Perfect answer! I thought to myself! I’m a genius. It’s not a ‘yes’ or a ‘no’ it’s more like a maybe.

“Great!” he said as he moved in closer towards me. We were standing outside the house right in front of the door. He was now only inches away and his face was so close to mine, I could feel his breath on my skin. He moved in closer and barely touched my lips with his before I gently pushed him away.

At that moment I realized that Nate was standing only a few meters away from Jake and I. Nate cleared his throat causing Jake to look at him now too.

“Nate.” Was all I could say.

He didn’t look too bad at all. To be honest, he looked almost the same as before the fight started except that his eye was slightly bruised and he had a scratch on he top part of his nose.

“Eh hey man. How was the fight? Did you win?” Jake asked trying to make the situation less awkward.

“Yes.” Was all Nate said.