Chapter 11: Pitching a Tent

Juliet's P.O.V

I was woken up by a nudge to the face.

I shot open my eyes and quickly shut them groaning as the sunlight left me temporarily blind.

I removed my head from Mr. Mercier's shoulder, sitting up straight  in my seat. I rubbed my eyes and cautiously looked over at his shoulder to make sure I hadn't drooled on it.

"We're here?" I asked, looking out the window to see the toll booth at the entrance of the campgrounds.

"Obviously." 

 "Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked frowning at Tom's tone.

"Because you were sleeping like a rock," he shrugged.

As we made our way through to our camp site I realized something. 

I turned to Mr. Mercier, "We forgot to buy ice."

"No we didn't, I got it while you were out cold," Tom put in.

I rolled my eyes deciding to let Tom calm down before speaking to him again. I'm sure I would be mad if my friend was sleeping on my brother; I mean if I had a brother...or a friend for that matter.

~

After everything was unloaded and the bus had driven off, Mr. Mercier gathered everyone up for an announcement.

"As you may know this is meant to be an outing in which we do activities together on a set schedule, but for today just go and have fun. You guys deserve it!"

After a round of applause and a bunch of cheers everyone spread out to set up their tents.

"Let's set our tents up under those trees over there," Tom said nudging me.

I wanted to ask if he was over whatever that was on the bus but decided against it.

Everyone set their tents up in somewhat of a circle. 

My tent ended up being between Tom and one of the girls from the office, which I was glad for because if she hadn't come over when she did I'm sure Graham would have set his up there . Although he wasn't too far from me since he pitched his tent next to Tom's.

"Do you want to go swimming Jules?" Tom asked me coming out of his tent.

"Yeah sure."

"Do you want me to wait here while you change?"

I shook my head, "No, that's okay i'll come find you when i'm done." 

I quickly ran to the bathroom before coming back to change. I didn't want to take the chance of me peeing in the lake. I had done it when I was thirteen and refuse to go through that again. 

Something tells me it would be way more embarrassing at twenty-four than at thirteen.

~

 I was bent over zipping my tent up when a voice startled me.

"You have a tattoo?"

 At the sound of his voice I shot up straight and quickly turned around, "Mr. Mercier!"

"It's Graham, remember?" he smiled lazily.

I wrapped my towel around my hips shielding myself from his gaze.

"Did you need something?" I asked making sure my towel was secure.

"What does it say?"

My breath faltered slightly and my hand gripped my towel tightly.