Chapter 9: Surprises

Juliet's P.O.V

I woke up to tons of missed calls and messages from Tom, I groaned knowing that the conversation I would be having with him later, would not be a good one.

A knock on the door made me look at the clock on my nightstand which read eight o'clock. I rolled off of my bed and went to get the door. It is way too early for Tom to be up, especially on a Sunday.

I looked through the peephole, expecting to see Tom at the other end, but was surprised to see someone I was not expecting. I opened the door quickly.

"Dad?" 

 "Surprise pumpkin!"

"Oh my god, what are you doing here?" I grinned jumping into his arms for a hug, "Did mom come?"

"No, just me kiddo," he shook his head as I pulled him into the house shutting the door.

"Do you want something to drink? Have you eaten yet?" 

"Your mother is making breakfast as we speak, we'll just eat when we get there."

"We?" I quirked a brow up at him.

"Yes, we," he laughed.

"Mom sent you, didn't she?" I laughed.

"Yes she did," he nodded.

"Is that the only reason you came? Because she told you to?"

"Of course not, you know I miss you terribly," he grinned, pulling me into another bear hug, "Since you left no one is there to protect me from her."

I burst out laughing at that, "She's a small woman dad."

"You know how she used to nag you about marriage and things like that?" he asked.

I nodded in return.

She still does.

"Well now she nags me like that except about housework."

"She always did," I grinned.

"Well now it's doubled since you're not there to distract her from me not doing it," he said throwing his hands up.

"Why don't you just do the housework?" I laughed.

"I thought you knew your own father," he shook his head feigning hurt.

I shook my head at him, "Oh how I miss your humor dad."

"Speaking of humor, your mother wont find it funny if we keep her waiting any longer."

"Why is she so sure i'll come back with you?" I smirked at him, crossing my arms in front of me.

"You know your mother is as sly as a fox, she made me drive your car over."

"You brought my car?" I asked excitedly.

I missed my car so much but I dreaded taking the bus home to pick it up, so I hadn't.

"Yup, she said it would spark your interest since you don't like to take the bus, meaning that you wouldn't be picking it up if someone didn't come get you."

"But you brought it here, I don't have to pick it up anymore."

"Yes, but she also said that you wouldn't let your dear old dad take the bus back home, which means—"

"Which means I have to drive you back home," I sighed smiling, finishing the sentence for him, "You know I could just let you take it back."

"She said you would say that, so she told me to tell you that you love her too much to not fall for her plan," he grinned.