Chapter 12: Wet, Scared, and Confused

Juliet's P.O.V.

I'm allowed to be proud of myself for getting that reaction out of Graham right?

I walked back to my lounge chair in a daze. Tom and Nancy had switched places, she was playing volleyball while Tom sat in her chair.

"Is he going to be okay doctor?" Tom grinned up at me as I sat in the chair.

"Yeah, it was just a small cut," I nodded looking back to see if Graham was making his way over, "Do you want to go check on him?"

When I didn't get a response I turned my head back to Tom and saw him looking off into space.

"Tom?" I asked waving my hand in his face.

He snapped out of it and met my eyes, "Huh?"

"I asked if you wanted to go check on him," I laughed.

"Oh sorry I got caught up thinking of you in a sexy doctors outfit," he grinned.

I narrowed my eyes at him holding back a grin, "Gross."

"Hey if you can think of me as sexy I can think of you. It's only fair," he shrugged.

I looked away from him to hide my grin, shaking my head slightly, "You're the worst."

He scoffed, "You know i'm the best. You said it yourself just yesterday.

I turned back to him grinning, "Yeah I did but I meant you were the best at being the worst."

He narrowed his eyes at me before standing up, "C'mon let's go."

I stared at the his outstretched hand oddly before looking up at him, "Go where?"

"Somewhere, just take my hand Jules. I'm trying to be a gentleman here."

I raised a brow at him, "Oh really?"

"Yeah, since you think i'm the worst, i'm going to show you i'm not."

"You know I was kidding Tom, sit back down," I shook my head at him.

"Okay fine, I just wanted you to come with me to get something from my tent," he shrugged.

"Liar," I smirked.

"What do you mean?" he frowned.

I continued smirking, "You want to check on your brother don't you?"

His eyebrows knit together for a second before he grinned, "You caught me."

I grinned getting up,"Okay let's go then."

He motioned for me to go first, "Lead the way."

He put his hand on the small of my back and I thought nothing of it. That is...until he slid his hand all the way to the left and towards my stomach.

I stopped walking and turned my head looking up at him narrowing my eyes.

"Tom what are you doing?" I asked him warily.

"Nothing," he shrugged suppressing a smirk.

I was about to speak but in that split second he bent down with one arm still around me. The second his other arm connected with the back of my knees I knew what his plan was.

I squealed out as I tipped backwards into his arms. He tossed me up slightly getting a better grip.

Only out of fear of falling did I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Tom don't you dare," I warned him lowly, looking at him right in the eye.

We had already drawn a crowd of on lookers because of my yelp and because of the fact that Tom was carrying me in his arms.