Part 22 ~ Soft Touches

'Keep it together, Megan' I tell myself. . I can't let Ashley know why I just nearly exploded. The way she talks about Michael makes me wanna . . ugh . . I can't even say what it makes me wanna do, but I know one thing for sure, it's making me angry.

I have to keep it together though . . Ashley would not appreciate the fact that Michael and I are having a ''thing'', I guess you could say . . . she would be crushed. . . ugh god. This is so uncomfortable . . . She always talked about MJ that way . . the sexual stuff and everything, I never really cared . . but now I do . . and I hate it.

Ashley's got it BAD for Michael.

She's looking at me, doesn't know what to say. . my sudden outbirst confused and distracted her. I have to let this go . . I have to just let her talk like that . . she's a bright girl and she knows me well . . she will figure it out. 'just act normal, Megan' I think to myself.

"Stop with . . what??"

"The sexual talk . . it's making me uncomfortable"

"Since when does sexual talk make you uncomfortable?"

"Can we just watch the DVD now?"

"Fine . . I just wanted to make sure you pay attention to his body"

"I'm paying attenion . . ok? I have eyes . . but thank you!"

"Meg, what is going on with you? are you still mad at me?"

"I'm not mad . . let's just watch the DVD, ok?"

"Girl . . there is something going and you refuse to tell me"

"Nothing is going on. . what should be going on?"

"Why are you so grumpy? do you wanna watch something else?"

"No . . this is fine . . everything's ok . . let's eat some snacks"

My phone rings . . it's Michael . . oh snap!!!

Ashley looks at my phone with a bright smile on her face. She would DIE to pick up that phone right now. I can't answer it next to her . . I know Michael will mention one thing or the other about last night . . I don't want Ashley to suspect a thing.

"Meg, can I pick up? oh please, let me pick up and say HI to him!"

"No . . I can't do that. . I'm not gonna answer the phone"

"WHY NOT?! are you nuts?! MJ is calling you! he needs you"

"Yea but . . he will have to wait until our next appointment"

"Well, maybe something happened to him and he wants to talk on the phone!!"

"WELL . . he will just have to wait until I call him back!!"

"Meg . . pick up the damn phone, will you???!!"

"No . . I'm not his friend, I'm his psychologist! I'm be busy right now"

"BUSY?! . . .you're watching TV!!!!"

"See?? I'm busy watching TV!! . . I will call him back later!"

"Meg . . what the hell? why aren't you picking up? can I pick up??"

"NO!! now can we please just keep watching the concert?!!"

~ Michael's point of view ~

Megan doesn't pick up the phone . . I called twice already . . I hope she's ok. She's probably tired from all the preparing she did today.