Part 36 ~ A Star is Born?

~ Michael's point of view ~

Her friend really seems to be in distress. The way she barged in here, making a scene . . I'm feeling a tad bit uncomfortable. Megan manages to get Douglas to leave, which I'm definitely happy about. I do not like talking to him, he seems nosy and shady. 

The moment Douglas leaves the look on her friend's face changes and they both start laughing. "You're a life saver, Ashley"

"I'm here to save lives . . glad I could help . . hi, Michael"

"Hi, Ashley"

Megan walks over to me. "I'm so sorry about all this, Michael. I promise, you will never have to speak to my boss again. I just have to figure out a way to get him to leave you alone . . don't know how I'm gonna do it yet but I'll find a way" We go into Megan's living room and take a seat. Ashley faces my direction and throws one leg over the other. "So, Michael . . I can't believe you're sitting here, literally"

"Yes, I am sitting here . . literally"

She laughs. 

"No, I mean . . I can't believe you're here . . with us . . I mean, with Megan . . and you guys are like . . you know . . I can't believe it"

I laugh.

"You better believe it"

"I am so incredibly happy you guys found a way . . I mean . . what are the odds?"

"Impossible odds set the stage for amazing things"

"Totally" Ashley replies, with her eyes glued on me. "I'm not the crazy kind of girl I'm sure you heard about from Megan . . I may be a huge fan but I can control myself . . I'm not crazy"

"Judging by the way you walked up here making a total scene, I have my doubts"

"Megan wanted me to create a distraction to get rid of her boss . . thanks to me he's gone . . so . . you're welcome. I guess I'm just a natural"

I laugh.

"I guess you have a point"

"Can I ask you a question, Michael?"

"Shoot"

. . . . .

"Got new music planned?"

"Not at the time, no"

"I'm asking because . . now that we're kinda, sorta like friends, I maybe get to have a VIP pass to future works and get to hear some music before the world gets to hear them"

"I'm really not working on new music at the moment but I'll keep you in mind"

. . . . .

"And now that we're kinda, sorta like friends . . maybe I could be in a future music video . . or-"

"Ashley . . leave him alone" Megan interrupts, putting a few snacks on the coffee table. "I was just asking, no pressure, Michael" Ashley adds. I can't help but laugh. She does have a great sense of humor. 

"I'm gonna make a change . . for once in my life . ." Ashley sings.

"Ashley!!" Megan yells. 

"Ok, Ok . . I'm gonna shut up"

"If she wants to sing, let her" I add. "Judging from that one sentence, it did not sound that bad, to be honest"

"OMG, you think I could be an international singer??" 

I laugh. "Can't say that, but you'll never know . . sing some more"

"Y-You really want me to sing? you're ASKING me to sing . . to YOU?"