we_shining_stars With a Twist

It took a few days for Dani and I both to get used to saying that we are dating, we are an actual thing. All the Day fans out there will surely go crazy when they find out. But at school we tried to keep it cool and not draw attention to ourselves.

"So, how's Day going?" Rider whispers across the lunch table at Dani and I. We look at each other before looking back at him. "I'll take that as the sex is good, ten out of ten." When he says that I spit my water out at him and Dani chokes on her sandwich. Rider takes his napkin and dries himself off as best as he can, I guess that wasn't the response he was looking for. 

"Rider, Jay and I have only been dating for not even a week. We have not had sex yet." Dani replies after she drinks some water and has got herself composed from choking. "Plus that's private information." Rider looks at me and I just shrug.

"Wow, that's breaking guy code right there." He says pointing at me.

"What did I do?" I ask.

"With guy code guys tell each other everything and I mean everything and that includes sex." Wow Rider wow. "Have you at least told the Day fans?" 

"We haven't told anyone really, not even our families." Dani says looking at me. We liked having very few people know about our relationship. It made it feel like it was just ours, which it was. No one really needs to know what is happening with our relationship besides us, unless something happens and we need to involve friends. But that's besides the point. 

"Anyway, enough about us, how's you and Becky doing?" I ask taking a bite of my pizza. 

"We're good, right now she's actually out of town visiting family." He smiles. "She'll be back in a few days." 

"What are you going to do while she's gone?" Dani asks pushing her tray away since she's done. I grab it for her and throw it away along with Rider's and my own. 

"Well we haven't made a video in a while, maybe it's about time we make one and you guys tell the fans." Rider says. I mean he did sort of have a point, we haven't made a video since the double date. 

"I guess we could tell the fans?" I ask more than say but I look at Dani to get her opinion.

"I mean we could. But it's us, we can't just be like 'hey guys Jay and I are dating bye!' Like that's so boring and so not us." It's true whenever we give news to our fans we make it original and creative rather than just straight up telling them what's going on. 

"Well we need to get to class but we all should think of ideas on how to tell our fans that you two are dating." Rider says getting up from his seat. "Well see you two lovebirds after school." He heads out of the cafeteria leaving Dani and I alone. 

"Well I'll see you after class, Dan." I say kissing her forehead before walking out as well. I wasn't completely sure if we were calling each other pet names like babe, baby, bae, etc. So I just called her Dan for now and she hasn't said anything about not liking it. So it's fine for now anyway. 

All throughout class I thought of ways we could tell our fans that Dani and I are dating, and then it came to me. Dani and I make flashcards with things written on them that the other person likes and that the fans would know as well so they could figure it out. But at the end of the video we would tell them anyway. It's perfect!

As soon as the bell rings I throw all stuff into my backpack and take off running down the hall almost crashing into Dani. "Woah easy there tiger, what's the rush?" She asks looking up at me. I found absolutely adorable that she was shorter than me because she had to look up at me when she talked to me.

"So I thought of an idea how to tell everyone that we're dating." I say with a smile. 

"How?" She asks. I tell her my idea and once I'm done she shrugs. "Better than my idea."