Chapter 8: The Writing Process

Harry~

I was working on my unicircle problems for Calc when someone knocked on the door downstairs. Niall and Louis were in the room with me, also working on homework. Louis and I glanced over to Niall, giving him the silent cue to go get the door. He rolled his eyes and got up.

"Hi." I girls voice sounded.

"Not to be rude, Alice, but why are you here?" Niall posed.

Louis snickered, but didn't look up from his notebook.

"My roommate is irritating me, and everyone at the student center is loud and obnoxious, and I need somewhere inspiring and quiet to write my book." Alice rambled.

"Uhh, that's alright, you can work here if you want." Niall led her down to where the three of us were studying.

"You're here." Alice rolled her eyes when she saw me.

"I live here." I gave it right back.

"Where's Liam?" She asked.

"At the loud and obnoxious student center, seeing a movie with Zayn." I scrawled an equation across my paper. "And I will have you know, Miss McDowell, it's nearly dark. I see that we are being rebellious again."

"I don't need your sass, Harold." She sat down across the room and began typing away on her laptop.

"What's been up with you lately? You seem to be to be extra bitter." I glared.

"Right now, I'm sitting here, looking at you, trying to see things form your point of view, but unfortunately, I can't get my head that far up my ass." She bit back. "I have deadlines, and would appreciate it if you left me alone."

"Oooohhh..." Louis and Niall cooed like primary schoolers. "Harry, you're just going to let that one go?"

"You are one, mean, little, published author. It would just kill you to be nice, wouldn't it?"

"People tell me I'm horribly blunt." She shrugged.

~~~~

We had planned to continue our song writing session tonight after Liam and Zayn returned, but they were already very late. We just began without them.

"Do it with love." I repeated.

"I think we might need to come up with something else. We've got nothing for her to do with love." Louis groaned.

Alice was making a lot of noise as she got up to use the toilet, and it was insanely distracting.

"Tell me something with love." My eyes shot open. "Tell me the truth? But don't make it too harsh. Do it with love." I spewed out.

Niall scribbled every word down on our papers.

"I don't mind you telling me that I'm wrong? I don't mind you telling me that you're..." I trailed off, letting the gears turn in my head.

"Keep going!" Louis urged.

"I don't mind you telling me that you're upset? I won't be crushed, as long as you do it with love?" I offered.

I continued to spew out everything that came to mind when Liam and Zayn finally came home.

They sat down and seemingly liked what I was saying.

"Just do it with love, love, love." Zayn hummed. "Don't think I'll be crushed, just do it with love, love, love, love."

"Tell me what's on your mind, it's okay to be blunt, just do it with love." Louis spit out.

"I think we've got our song, lads." Liam grinned.

~~~~

We continued to work for another hour or two, and had about half of the song finished. It was enough to take in to our guest mentor tomorrow.

"I'm going to head out." Alice gathered her things. "Thanks so much for letting me work here." She opened the front door, but before leaving, she stopped short.

"Did you want someone to go with you?" I smirked. "Is someone scared of walking back by yourself?"

She didn't answer, but didn't move either.

I pulled on my shoes and joined her by the door. I was going to spend the entire walk making fun of her.

"The last time, I felt that something was watching me, and..." She tried to justify herself. "And I'm getting the same feeling now."

"This is a closed campus. Only students, teachers, and administrators are here." I rolled my eyes.

"This school is secluded! What if someone pops out of the woods or something?!" She squeaked.

"I'm going to mark this down in history. Alice McDowell is showing weakness." I looked over at her.

"You walk very slowly." She sniffed.

"Really? People always tell me I'm rushing around. Maybe it's you that's slowing down." I stated.

"That made little to no sense." She argued. "You're so irritating."

"Then why do you keep spending your free time around me?!" I hissed.

"It's not you I come over to see. Your bandmates are all very pleasant. I come over to see them." She clarified for me.

"Of course, of course." I nodded.

"Thanks for walking me back." She mumbled, and slipped inside her dormitory, leaving me out in the dark. There is something very strange about that girl.