Chapter 4: The Second Day of Classes

Alice~

"I know you must all be itching to continue working on your masterpieces, but you'll have to save it for Free-Write. Today, were going to be writing on prompt," the teacher, Professor Gould said, earning a groan from the class, myself included. Usually when I'm forced to write about something on prompt, it doesn't come out like I want it to. I really did want to work on my newest book, a modern take on Hamlet. It's one of my all time favorite pieces. I couldn't wait for three more periods to get back to it. My schedule read as this:

Period 1: Geology

Period 2: Creative-Write

Period 3: Literature

Period 4: Pre-Calculous

Period 5: Free-Write

Period 6: Editing and Grammar

Period 7: Free-Write

"We will be writing to entertain," Gould continued. "I'm looking for something fictional with humor laced throughout. For your first assignment, I'm not going to be picky about what it's about. Just make me laugh. Stories are due on Friday at the end of class. All I expect is a few chapters, therefore, it doesn't have to be finished. You may begin."

I took full advantage of the class time I had. Humor. I'm not one who works with a lot of humor. I never thought I was a very funny person. This should be fun.

Harry~

For some reason, at every possible time, the universe wants me to be near Alice. I don't get it, and it's getting annoying. In both of the classes we have together, I've been assigned to sit next to her. I have Liam to in Geology, but I'm all alone in Pre-Calc. So my only resort was to talk to Alice. She's the only person I actually knew the name of.

"Alice!" I hissed. I didn't want the teacher to hear me.

"What?!" She glared over at me. I had been asking her questions all class.

"Number twelve," I checked my paper.

"Harry, I'm not giving you any more answers. This is simple Algebra, and you should have learned years ago. If you can't do this, I'm scared of what will happen to you next month when harder curriculum begins."

"I'm not asking for an answer. I'm just looking to confirm what I got," I rolled my eyes. "Did you get six and a bunch repeating decimals?"

"No, I got four."

"Uh, can I see your work for that?" I was clearly way off.

"Fine. Just one last time. But I'm not letting you have it again,"

"Okay, fine!" I snatched her notebook and began scribbling down her work, as well as the answers to the next few problems on the page.

"Hey!" It took Alice a couple minutes to realize what I was doing, but now I was going to get it. She grabbed the papers back.

"I'm not done!" I whined.

She looked up to check if the teacher was watching, but continued after seeing that he was busy typing away on his laptop. "I said you could copy down one problem, not the whole page," Alice glared at me again. "You're so irritating."

"You're irritating too. Don't sell yourself short,"