Chapter One: The Acceptance

Alice~

The letter I held contained my future. If I was accepted, my life would fold out exactly how I wanted. I could become a recognized author. And also, meet people just like me. At my old school, people didn't understand me. I was in the highest English class the school would allow. I wrote spectacularly at my high school. My teachers swore the flawless papers I turned in weren't mine. I was on another level compared to my classmates. Nothing I was learning about was new information. I wasn't bettering my skills and growing as an author. I wanted to change that. Being accepted to this new school would place me with people who understood me. People who were on my level.

I felt my fingers shaking as I ripped open the official looking envelope. Pulling out the long letter, I skimmed the paper. "Miss Alice McDowell... Thank you for your application... Amazing talent... YOU HAVE BEEN PERSONALLY SELECTED TO ATTEND PRIORITY MAJOR ACADEMY!" I screamed, jumping up and down upon reading the last sentence. I was accepted! All of the time spent on my application had paid off. All of the weeks of waiting for my letter were over. I was in!

Harry~

I was still awaiting my letter. Niall, Zayn, Louis, and Liam had already been accepted to PMA. I was the only one left in the group who wasn't in yet. The suspense was killing me. And to make it worse, I was almost certain that the boys would go without me if I wasn't accepted. I just had to make the cut. Each day before the boys come over to practice, I sit by the front window, watching and waiting for the mail to arrive. When it does, I rush out to check for my letter. This ordeal has gone on for weeks, and I've found nothing.

I checked the clock. It was nearly four thirty. Practice would begin soon. But still, no mail. Liam's car pulled into my driveway right as the mailman arrived. I didn't bother shutting the door behind me as I bolted out of the house. Yanking open the mailbox, I searched its contents for my letter. And there it was. I ran over to Liam, and he got out of the car.

"It's my letter!" I shook it in his face.

"Well open it! Stop wasting time!" He encouraged me.

"I can't do it. You open it," I handed it over.

Liam ripped it open and began reading the paper silently. "YOU'RE ACCEPTED!" He yelled, grabbing my shoulders.

"WE'RE ALL GOING! HOLY SHIT!" We jumped up and down like little kids.

"I KNOW!" He grinned.

"When do classes start?" I was eager to get to this amazing school. It would help us get our big break.

"August Fifteenth is drop off day. Classes start the next week," Liam continued to rattle on about the school.

It was only still June. This years classes had just let out, and I couldn't wait to start the new year. This was definitely a first. I was never this excited for school to begin. But now that I was going to Priority Major, things would be different. Instead of spending all of my time in classes learning things I'll never use, I'll be able to focus on music. We're almost guaranteed to make it as a band after graduating. And that is the thing I never thought would happen. But anything is possible at PMA.