A Story About a Groom With His Happily Ever After Taken Away From Him

Victor's POV

I rested my head on Aleksandr's chest, looking outside to the setting sun.

It had been a few hours since our little make-out session and he was leaning his back on the window seat wall, legs crossed with me on his lap. I had my legs wrapped around him, hands in loose balls on his chest.

His arms were wrapped around my waist, clasped together behind me, and his cheek was resting on the top of my head, so both of us were looking outside.

I sighed and snuggled in closer to him happily, taking in his warmth.

"I'm actually happy to be here." I murmured to him, and he squeezed me closer, kissing the top of my forehead and making me smile.

The sun set, and the brilliant colours in the sky went blue, then dark blue, and we looked at the full moon until our parents came home.

He tilted my head up by the tips of his fingers when we were standing at my door and placed one last soft kiss on my lips before departing back to his room. I sighed happily and did my nightly routine, and got myself into bed.

I woke up before the sun came up the next morning, and stretched myself out, giggling at the memories of the previous afternoon.

Sheesh, I felt like a high school girl with a crush.

I got up and dressed and decided to go for a walk as the sun rose, maybe even see a bit of the forest.

I tugged on my skinny jeans, a v-neck white t-shirt and a black vest, and pulled on my combat boots before heading out, quietly closing the front door behind me as I'd left a small note on my bed saying I'd gone on a walk and would be back in an hour.

The forest was quiet apart from the occasional bird that chirped as it woke up for sunrise, flying off to get food for itself or its babies.

I smiled and breathed in the fresh air, definitely different from the city, so much more free, open, and without people trying to a) rape you, b) kidnap you, c) steal your stuff or d) kill you.

Soon I came across a very old, gnarled tree, and a stump beside it. So I sat on the stump and found myself chatting to the old tree.

"You're an odd tree, huh? Bet it gets a bit lonely out here, right? But at least your parents wouldn't put you into an arranged marriage. I mean, I don't mind it so much now, but-"

"Well it doesn't matter now anyway, because you're mine." I jumped up and nearly screamed at what I saw.

This...this couldn't be right!

"Hello precious, I'm Godrik, and you are my new bride."

Darkness took over right after a sharp pain in the back of my head.

Godrik's POV

It was a shame I had to go through such measures to have him, but it was worth it, I though as I took his limp body from my undead right-hand man, calling out hopscotch when he held onto my arm so we could return back to the Underworld.

I took my limp cargo to the undead bar and laid him down on the floor, my underlings and associates cheering when they saw the little thing, passed out as he was.

I grinned evilly, squatting next to the unmoving body as we waited for him to wake up, and when he did, I couldn't contain the glee I felt burst through my shredded body.

Aleksandr's POV

The house was filled with shouting. It had been hours since victor had left, and I was getting increasingly angry.

I walked out of the house, away from the fighting, angry and worried parents and went to the twins' house, two friends of mine.

They opened their door and took in my tense appearance before ushering me inside and making me sit down.

"Is it the fiance?" They asked.

"Yeah, but not in the way you think. I've already fallen hard for him, he's a gorgeous little thing. It's... This morning I got up to find that he had gone for a walk, the note said he'd be back in an hour, the only problem was that that was at 8 am, its now 5 pm and there's no sign of him! I'm getting worried."

They gasped.

"We have to find him!" I nodded, and together we set off in the direction of the forest.

Victor's POV

When I woke up, I gasped in shock. People were leaning over me, but not just people, dead people. Undead people with exposed bones and rotting flesh.

The smell nearly made me pass out and I gagged. A man, the same one I had seen earlier at the tree, sat back smirking at me, making my blood run cold and I slowly sat up.

I was tense and prepared to run.

"Hello darling, what's your name?" I shuddered and curled away from him, my eyes wide.

He grabbed my thigh with a fleshless hand and dug his bones into my skin.

"I asked you a question." He said harshly, smile transforming into an angry glare.

"V-Victor." He smiled darkly again and the rest of the undead laughed harshly.

"Well Victor, my dearest husband. I have a few things to say to you. Number one is, you are my new bride, in case you didn't hear me before-"

"No!" I cut him of with a frightened gasp. He raised an eyebrow.

"No?" His bony fingers dug back into my thighs again and I cried out in pain as he leaned forward.

"You do not have a choice, if you ever say no to me again or if you so much as attempt to run away, that ex fiance of yours will be dead" I cried out again at the thought of Aleksandr.

"Please! Please don't hurt him!"

Godrik grinned, showing his rotting teeth.

"Then you'll do as I say, yes?" I nodded quickly, tears gathering in my eyes that I refused to let fall.

"Why do you want this from me?" I asked weakly, my voice cracking. He laughed coldly, and some others stepped forward, no flesh at all, just rotting bones, and one with a hat had one eye.

"Well, fleshy, it goes a little somethin' like this"

I was forced to stand, Godrik's rotting flesh hand wrapping around my forearm as he forced me to watch his life story.

"Godrik was a livin' man, workin' hard to get his money, a feared head of the mafia. Then some gorgeous little beauty, much like yourself, came along and straight after boss made a proposal, he was murdered in his sleep, all his money stolen, nothin' left. When he opened his eyes he was here with us! Dead as dead can get, the Underworld boss!" I shuddered, shouting when I was harshly pulled, and stumbled along out of the bar. Godrik had a dark smile on his face as he walked, laughter ringing from the bar we left behind us.

"Come, love, I have a present for you" I nearly cried, god knows I don't want to know what present he had for me.

He forced me to climb some steps, and sit down. We were on some sort of tower thing, overlooking the undead world, and I realised I could see no sky, it was like an endless black, and I knew that even if I tried, I'd never be able to escape.

Aleksandr... please... please forgive me...