FIFTEEN | Packing Up And Moving On

After Trey took Lay-Lay home he started packing. He made sure he packed everything from his jeans to my shirts all the way down to that forgotten missing sock. Trey didn't want to leave a thing behind because he didn't want a reason to come back. He already stayed longer than he originally attended to. Sleeping on his sister's couch wasn't something he was proud of doing anyway so it was about time he packed up and left. This would be better for everyone. Trey no longer had to hear Tahlia and Will break the bed and Deanna could come home and sleep in her own bed instead of sneaking in and out.

"You don't have to go." Tahlia whined grabbing one of his bags. "You can stay. Deanna is hardly here anymore anyway."

Trey sighed heavily looking at his sister. "Lia she's hardly here anymore because I made her uncomfortable." He reached for the bag but Tahlia moved it back so Trey couldn't grab it. "Deanna should feel comfortable in her own home Lia."

"She broke your heart Trey. you are feeling uncomfortable too. So why do you have to go? We can all live here in uncomfortable bliss."

Trey shook his head at her. "There is no such thing as uncomfortable Bliss and Tahlia she didn't break my heart." Sure his feelings were hurt but he wouldn't say he was heartbroken. How could he be? For Trey to be heartbroken he would have had to of been in love. He and Deanna never had anything aside from that kiss. "I wanted something more than friendship and she didn't. No need to talk about hearts getting broken." 

"If your heart isn't broken why are you leaving!" Her voice cracked and her face began to turn red as tears started to form in her eyes. Tahlia didn't do well with situations that didn't go her way especially if it involved people leaving. Their father dropped in and out of her life enough times for her to suffer from abandonment issues. 

"You know why I'm leaving."

"But I don't want you to." Tahlia pouted. "You're supposed to stay with me! " She looked so young and innocent in that moment it made Trey think back to when they were younger and his mother got word that their dad was with Tahlia's mom.

Trey's mom would drag him all the way across town just so she could make a scene. Lia and Trey would be left to sit on the front steps while their mothers fought Punching, kicking, scratching pulling hair even rolling in the damn yard leaving grass stains on their clothes. Tahlia and Trey had become so use to it she had chips and juice waiting and they'd just sit there and eat until their father finally showed up to set his baby mama's straight. Thalia would be fine until Trey's mother grabbed him and told him it was time to go. While he got dragged away ignoring the 'you're never going to see your father again!' rant because Trey honestly couldn't care less about that, What he cared about was the look on his sister's face her crying and screaming not knowing if or when they would see each other again.

Trey frowned pulling Tahlia into a tight hug. "Lia you and Will are getting married meaning soon you and him would be living together in a new home getting ready to start a family. Sooner or later we would have to separate anyway."

"That's why Will and I have been looking for three bedrooms one for us, one for our future baby and one for you duh!"

Trey couldn't help but laugh at her plan. She didn't expect for him to live with her forever. Did she? "We aren't kids anymore. I'll see you again. Lia I promise once I'm settled and have my own.."

"You better." Tahlia wiped the stray tear that escaped her eye and rolled its way down her cheek.

"I will. thanks for letting me stay for as long as I did. You're always looking out for the brutha." Was the last thing Trey said before he left. The outside air was cold. He felt like a stray dog without a home just like his father was for many years a dog without a home but definitely not without options. Trey tossed his bags into the trunk before pulling out his phone and going down his contact list.