THREE | GIRLS NIGHT IN

"Papa John's or Domino's?" Deanna asked holding up her cell phone as she waited on the rest of her girls to come to an agreement. They use to get together every weekend and party spending the night club hopping but now due to busy schedule's and falling into serious relationships the city night life every weekend wasn't exactly their thing anymore. What once was skimpy dresses, high heels and shots of alcohol turned into pajamas, fuzzy socks, pizza and wine coolers. Oh and every weekend turned into a twice a month kind of thing. 

"Domino's" Simone called out.

"no Papa John's" Tahlia interrupted.

"I don't care as long as I get my wings." Traci murmured not looking up from her smartphone as she typed away at its touch screen.

"Papa John's has better wings." Will added in voicing his opinion.

"That's right baby." Tahlia smiled brightly. "Papa John's it is!"

"He isn't even supposed to be here. No boys allowed! Remember?" Simone said waving Will away.

Will laughed holding his hands up. "I was just picking up something. I have no need to stick around and listen to yall talk about all the shit us men do wrong. I'm heading home." Will hadn't seen the inside of his condo in days it was about time he tore himself away from Tahlia long enough to at least go and do his laundry. "Don't bash me too badly baby," Will said to Tahlia when he pulled her close to him.

Tahlia let out a dramatic gasp. "I would never!" She spoke sarcastically.

"I love you" Will said lowering his head enough to give her a gentle goodnight kiss.

"I love you too." Tahlia frowned. She wasn't ready to see him go just yet.

The couple stood there for a moment neither of them wanting to separate. That was Will and Lia for you. Traci had a man and Simone was currently working things out with her baby daddy and once upon a time Deanna had Keith but none of their relationships on its best day had anything on Lia and Will, Not even on their worst. They had the kind of love people often could only dream of. Will loved Tahlia for everything she was and accepted her for everything she wasn't. Deanna lost count of how many times she witnessed Tahlia kick him out but her heart melted at the lengths Will would go to get back in her best friend's good graces.

"Bye Will!" Simone and Traci shouted.

"Better go before they eat you alive."

"If you make them leave now I can eat you." Will whispered causing Tahlia to blush.

"Don't tempt me." Lia gave him a light push. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Tahlia watched as her man walked out leaving her alone with her friend's.

"When are you two going to tie the knot?" Traci asked. None of them were married women but if any of them hoped to be Tahlia would definitely be the first to start the trend.

Tahlia shrugged as if was no big thing. "I'm just waiting on him."

"Lies!" Deanna was the first to call bullshit. "If anybody is waiting it is Will waiting on you." They all knew it was true. Things came together when Tahlia wanted them to and not a moment sooner or later. Spoiled brats are just controlling like that.

~~~~~~

As the night went on and the food was delivered Deanna and her friends started to down the wine coolers loosening up a bit and somehow their sex lives became the topic of conversation.