one shot: sunshine

27 juin 2018, 10:23

Marcelle was there. You know, World Cup 2018 in Russia.

Being a good girlfriend, but also because she wanted to go and experience a World Cup first hand because Goddamn, it looks amazing every time.

But it was different this time around. She was a fan, but she wasn't wearing a France jersey—although it's packed in her luggage. She wore Julian's jersey, standing in the crowds and screamed bloody murder every time he got the ball and cursed out Löw in French whenever he did a shitty move.

It was also different in sense that she had expected to be with Julian for the entire experience. For group stage, round of 16, semis, and finals. She thought Germany was the top contender, but that of course didn't happen when they were send home in the group stage.

Julian was grateful to have Marcelle in his life, cheering him and motivating him, hugging him after each loss. She was like his own personal sunshine.

Even when things get hard, she was there to comfort him through it all.

"You're so pretty," he murmured, brushing a strand of hair away from her face. They lay in bed having just woken up a few moments ago, but Marcelle woke up two hours ago. Julian's arms were literally stuck on her waist like super glue.

"You too, big sexy."

Marcelle knows that the loss still hurts him, even after days have past, hut you can't blame him. Germany didn't deserve to advance with the way they played, but it was heartbreaking.

She's not too familiar with comforting others, since all she ever does is spit out snarky remarks, but she's just hoping being herself will do the trick to get him out of bed before eleven.

"Big sexy?" He raised an eyebrow, and Marcelle wasn't sure if he liked it or not.

"Do you...do you like it? Because I can call you Dad—wait, no."

Julian chuckled, kissing her forehead and hearing her stomach grumble. "You should eat, schatz."

"Alright," she immediately shot up in bed and took his hand, tugging for him to come with her, "come on. I'll make those pain perdu that you really like. And I'll fry up some bacon."

"You know how I like my bacon."

"Super crispy." Julian smiled at her as she crawled off the bed, still urging him to come with, but he wasn't budging. "I'll be out in a little, schatz."

Marcelle frowned. Of course you'd be sad after losing a match, but this was the World Cup, and she hadn't thought that it would affect Julian this much.

She left him in the room and left to prepare breakfast.

One hand holding the spatula, the other looking up the Google search results of how to cheer up your boyfriend in 24 hrs after his team got knocked out of the world cup urgent pls.

//

27 juin 2018, 15:08

The article said to give him space.

So space is what she'll give him.

It took Julian a ten minutes to feel like waking up and another ten to drag himself out of bed this morning. It took him forty minutes to finish his breakfast (made by the one and only Marcelle Vaugrenard) and ten more minutes to leave the dining table.