quatre

vendredi 23:01

Marcelle didn't go to the match.

She, in fact, had better things to do than to go to some PSG match on a Friday. Don't get her wrong—Marcelle loved Paris Saint-Germain. Both the men's team and the féminines. Hell, she even dreamt of playing for PSG Féminines for as long as she could remember until her dream where shattered just a couple of years ago.

No matter how big of a heart she had for her idolized club since childhood, her own team was more important.

With a match to play that evening against Nice and standing in fifth place of the semi-professional women's football table, Marcelle just had to take one for the team.

It was a wave to one of her dreams—watching an actual professional football match. Whether it be a national team one or one of a different team, she had to leave the ticket in her pocket and came on the pitch as a starter, tying the laces of her cleats as she awaited for kickoff.

Marcelle was absolutely a wonder among the teams in her league. She was amazing, God's little footballer.

The skill, the power, the speed—it was all too good to be true. A complete package in one tiny little bundle, it's a wonder how she isn't playing professionally because damn, this girl has talent.

She was the lifesaver of her somewhat okay-ish football team. It was semi-professional, and Marcelle could easily become the top goal scorer of the season without even trying. Her true calling was the big league—the highest division of women's football in France.

That's what she had been training her entire childhood and teenage life for, but she's not there, yet.

The match ended up 3-1 in favor of Paris. And it was all on Marcelle who scored early in the first half and took the penalty at the eighty-fifth minute.

When she made her way back to the locker room, sitting down and merely half dressed, she had found three notifications from no other than Julian.  He didn't have her phone number, yet, so it was primarily on Instagram where she had strictly told him not to DM her.

17:25
draxlerofficial: Are you here yet???
draxlerofficial: Match starting in 30 mins
draxlerofficial: Are you even coming

20:45
draxlerofficial: We won
draxlerofficial: 7-0
draxlerofficial: Scored the final goal

Marcelle didn't know what to do. She was completely happy to have contributed to her team's win, but she had totally blown off Julian's invitation to his first match in Les Rouge-et-Bleu.

The ticket to the match—his first match—stay untouched in the back pocket of her jeans. She can almost see the disappointment on his face by simply thinking about them.

Though, he was only a friend (maybe even less if you ask her), Marcelle couldn't fend off the guilt in her chest.

Julian seemed absolutely dead serious about her coming to see his first match—which seemed quite strange to her, as the only reason why he can't stop thinking about her was because she was attractive. Out of every person he knew, he decided to give it to Marcelle—the girl he knew for less than a week.

But he must have expected her to come to the match. I mean, she gave him her word and took the ticket.

To end up not attending the match...Marcelle felt like she stood him up.