vingt

vendredi 12:45

Marcelle had never been to Germany before. Never in her twenty-one (near twenty-two) years of living on this planet, she had never been to Germany.

It was a destination on her travel list since age fourteen when she was in a "Bundesliga phase." But considering the financial situation she lived through childhood to adulthood, it never really happened.

However, today she took her very first steps into Germany.

She had missed seeing Julian play for die Mannschaft in person due to her own club duties.

Champions League. Both legs against Bayern Munich—they lost in the first leg, but she scored in a kick ass 4-0 comeback in the second leg.

It was sort of funny, sort of not now. Marcelle's assumption actually foreshadowed the result of the Barcelona - PSG match which ended 6-1 and PSG was knocked out of the Champions League. While Julian was busy being upset about no longer playing in the UCL, Marcelle celebrated success in beating Bayern Munich and advancing in the Women's Champions League.

She was actually in Munich for the first leg all while Julian was in Dortmund and Azerbaijan for international duty. But now that was over with, she had figured out how to book a flight and flew over to Germany to be with Julian for the time being as there wasn't any match fixtures for the both of them at the time being.

More specifically, Marcelle had come to Gladbeck—the hometown of Julian.

First hand, Marcelle didn't know what was happening. The language, the culture, the food—it was all new to her, but it was everything her boyfriend had grown up with.

She met with Julian at the airport, after which he drove her to Gladbeck (using his brother's car). In her eyes, he seemed much happier now that he was back home. It wasn't like he was unhappy in the first place in Paris—he loved it there—but she could always sense a little bit of homesickness in him.

"How was the flight, schatz?" he asked, both hands and eyes on the wheel and road respectively.

Marcelle shrugged. "I guess it's weird flying alone. I don't know, I feel like it would feel better if you were there with me." Something wasn't foreign at all. She always thought everything was better if Julian was there.

He smirked. "Aw, you missed me."

"Of course I did!" she exclaimed, waving her hands around. "Did you really think I was going to mope around like a thirteen year old?"

"I mean, you do that all the time."

She whacked him on the shoulder in response. "Shut the hell up!" she told him, laughing at the same time.

You know, it's moments like this that make Julian never want to leave or hurt Marcelle. He can't really imagine this with anyone else.

"I wonder what your parents think of you," she continued, crossing her arms and slumping against the passenger side seat. "The world's
most annoying kid."

Julian let out a nervous laugh. "Speaking of parents..."

There was a pregnant pause. Marcelle turned her face to look at Julian, which was at first, unfazed and awaited for him to explain. But it took two seconds of silence to realize that whatever he was going to tell her, she was not going to be happy.

"Julian..."

"So," he spoke, "I kind of told my parents that you were going to meet them today, and don't get mad, but I forgot to tell you before you flew over."