one shot: baby fever

20 février 2018

Marcelle never really knew why.

"Schatz, look how cute these are!"

Or how.

"Aw, look! It's so cute—the little onesie and the socks have footballs on it!"

Or what in the world Julian was thinking when he dragged Marcelle to a children's clothing store.

"Don't you think it's cute?" He held up a little set that was a yellow onesie with footballs on it along with little yellow socks and a bib. He had the biggest, most adorkable smile ever as he held it in front of her.

Marcelle? Well....

"It's cute," she said, "but we need to find a present for my brother! His birthday is in two days, and I don't want my mom to beat my ass again."

She took his hand and dragged him out of the store, leaving the onesie behind.

//

22 février 2018

Was Julian obsessed with baby clothes now or what?

The man was on Amazon, doing his daily Amazon surfing, but he was aimlessly adding baby clothes to his cart rather than looking at the stupid little knick knacks like Kermit stuffed plushies (because Marcelle loves the Kermit memes). He had about thirty items in his cart, and all of them were baby clothes he was never going to get.

He got away with it—sitting on the couch in the living room with his screen clearly in Marcelle's view as she walked out of the hallway.

"Baby clothes?" She placed her hands on his shoulders and kissed his cheek.

"Look at this one!" he clicked on a Captain America onesie in his cart, pointing at it to get her attention. Julian's never been this excited for a baby onesie, but babies and baby clothes have been his entire life lately. Well, that and Marcelle. "Don't you think this is cute?"

"It would be better if it was the French flag—Captain France?"

"Marcelle, I'm from Germany." Our kids would be half French and half German...so basically caucasian but!! Julian really needed to stop mentally squealing about this, he's not even sure if Marcelle knows what he's trying to tell her. "Or what about this one?" He clicked on a Spider-Man onesie that looked more like a costume, and Marcelle scrunched her nose at the sight of it. "It's cute, right? Or do I just have bad taste in fashion?"

"Nah, your taste in fashion is...pretty decent, but they look kind of small, don't they?"

"We don't have a baby, though!" he said, putting extra emphasis on the baby part.

"No, we do." His eyes sparked. "It's you. You're the big baby around here."

Well, she's not wrong. Julian's always the one throwing small tantrums in the kitchen because he didn't have enough milk in his cereal. Or like that one time he ordered a Star Wars themed plate just for himself.

He pouted. "I am not a baby. I'm a man."

"A man is...tall, muscular, handsome." She looked at him dead in the eye. "You're a dude."

//

25 février 2018

Can you get pregnant if you don't use condoms but are on birth control

Search.

Maybe this will help. Julian's sitting right in the same spot, waiting for Marcelle is walk out of the hallway and glance at his screen.