15. DREAMS OF PREMONITION

THIRD PERSON POV

Gaia and Thomas were knocked out as soon as they got back to Valkyrion castle. With the effects of the blood moon coming faster than they anticipated, they both needed to recover their energy from what transpired earlier. When Gaia attacked Thomas, her strength was already being stolen from her for unknown reasons. In her state of frenzy, she used her bond as Thomas's mweya to steal his energy which left him no stronger than a mortal. Now they both needed time to recover before the moon. Avalon sat in a chair next to the bed Gaia was resting in. He glanced out the window to the area behind her castle. The forbidden grounds. He remembered how defensive Gaia got when he almost went into the area a few months ago. She wouldn't tell him why no one wasn't allowed back there, and she always made sure he never came close to it again. This was the first time he's seen it since. Avalon turned to look at Gaia's peaceful sleeping face and made a fixed decision. If no one will tell me what's going on, then I'll find out myself. He kissed her forehead and quietly went out of the door.

                                                                                ***********

Charles sat on the bed resting his back against the head frame while Thomas lay between his legs fast asleep. Charles sat contemplating in thought. He couldn't understand why everyone was brushing aside the fact that Gaia attacked them and almost killed him. No one is unaware that a vampire bite is lethal to wolves. And had Avalon and Nathaniel not arrived in time, she would've bitten him; and bled him dry from the looks of it. Charles knew the Flanington's were the oldest living vampires around and the only pureblood race left. A normal vampire bite he could've survived but one from her or any of her siblings was impossible to survive. Her overwhelming strength and ruthlessness were enough to strike a pang of fear in him. To think I came so close to death. He sighed and continue running his hand through Thomas's long hair. He looked out the window when he smelt his alpha's scent. He furrowed his brows when he noticed how cautious Avalon was acting.

"What are you doing?", he mind-linked him.

"I'm tired of being left in the dark and feeling so useless with all of these secrets."

"Yeah, but they said they would tell us when it was time", Charles couldn't deny he was also tired of being left in the dark like this.

"Fuck that. I'm finding it out myself and the first place I'm starting with is the forbidden grounds. Gaia always got defensive when I brought it up so it must start here."

Slight alarm bells rang in Charles's head at the thought of going against Gaia's wishes to stay out of the forbidden ground. But he also couldn't disagree with Avalon.

"Wait for me. I'm coming with you."

He slowly removed himself from Thomas's hold and climbed out the window. He slid down the side of the building until his feet touched the ground. The forbidden ground was on the other side of the forest behind Gaia's castle. They had to pass through it to get there. But when they tried to enter the forest, a young vampire stopped them. He bowed his head to them, "Alpha Carter, Beta Larmint. Access to this part of the forest is prohibited without Master."

"Why?", Charles questioned.

"The forbidden grounds lie beyond this forest. No one is allowed entry. Not even you I'm afraid. If you choose to ignore this then I'll be forced to notify-", Avalon reached over and snapped his neck before he could finish. Charles quickly caught his body before he could fall and gently lowered his body to the grass-covered ground.

"What the hell are you doing?!", Charles hastily whispered.

                                                                                    **************