13. Thomas's Oath

THIRD-PERSON POV

Gaia was too shocked to comprehend what she was seeing. Thomas, her best friend, who she thought told her everything, was there. In the arms of Charles, here mate's beta, and best friend, getting fucked into submission. She grinned when she realized it was her advice to Charles that landed Thomas in this situation. Though Thomas and Charles were so into what they were doing that they didn't even hear her approach them. They were always at each other's throats and complete opposites at that too, but Gaia had long suspected they were mates. Yet she wondered why Thomas would choose to keep it from her and go as far as to block his side of their bond. When mweya bonds are formed, nothing is kept hidden from the other unless one of them wills it; two halves of a kindred soul form into one whole. Charles had told Gaia that his mate who she now confirmed was Thomas, was rejecting the bond because of his oath to his master. But Gaia would never keep him away from his mate because of the oath they swore to kill William. She thought it would be hypocritical of her to finally start allowing herself to be happy again while stopping her subordinates from seeking their own. Lost in her thoughts, Gaia hadn't realized Thomas and Charles had stopped and fixed their clothes while heavily glaring at each other. From her point of view, and the emotions she was getting from Thomas, they were definitely about to start fucking again. Thomas moved to pick up his discarded sword, but Charles grabbed his shoulder and trapped him between the wall and his arms. It was then Gaia noticed for some reason Thomas's presence appeared smaller. He was taller than her, but Charles still appeared taller by at least 6 inches. His dark midnight shoulder-length hair was the stark opposite of Charles's short ginger cut. One thing Gaia did notice was that even though Charles was a wolf, he was just as pale as Thomas in terms of complexion. She actually giggled a little at the thought, must be Irish.

A sudden moan and grunt brought her out of her thoughts. Thomas was no longer fighting Charles. Charles sucked on his neck while Thomas's free hand that wasn't in Charles's pants roughly grabbed his hair. They just finished having sex and they're going again? Gaia would prefer not to be an audience member to live porn, so she cleared her throat to catch their attention and smirked in amusement as she watched them scramble apart from each other, "As much as I trust and love you, Thomas, I think you owe me an explanation."

At the sound of her voice, they both watched her like a deer caught in headlights. Thomas, however, spoke first, "Gaia....I-- we-this isn't what it looks like."

She could only raise an eyebrow at him, " Is that so?". Walking over to the bed, she sat down facing them, "Do explain."

When no one attempted to explain she frown, "Well?"

Still nothing.

" Thomas, you've had first-hand experience of what it's like when I lose my temper, right? I want to know why you would keep something as important as finding your mate a secret from even me and more importantly why you've been avoiding the bond."

No answer even then.

"Fine then. You won't speak to me as a friend, then you will speak to me as your master. Do not make me ask again."

Thomas hesitated, "Gaia....". He frowned and looked away.

GAIA's POV

"Kneel", I commanded.

Immediately he knelt in front of me, "Is Charles your mate?"

"Yes master.", he responded.

"How long have you known this?"

"The same day you found your mate.", he answered almost ashamed. Now THAT surprised me.

"WHAT?! You kept it from me for that long? When were you going to tell me?", I asked; hurt covering my anger. I tried to not let my hurt seep through the bond but from the way Thomas bowed his head, I failed.