4. Arrangements to disagree on

UNKNOWN PERSONS POV

"You're certain it was her you saw?"

"Yes, master. She was there with the younger one crossing werewolf borders."

The person behind the sinister voice smiled widely, "I don't need to tell you what to do, do I?"

The person cupped their arms to the voice and bowed, "No master"

"Good leave"

I watched in fear from the table I was strapped to; please be safe Gaia.

I turned my head to the ceiling and silently prayed to the gods.

                                                                                       ***********

GAIA'S POV

The sound of metal clinking led me to the training ground in search of Thomas Evans my right-hand man. He's been with me from the bad times to the worse when we had fallen to a place, we couldn't fall further past. Both of us had bonded over the loss of something enough that made us wish for death. Yet it was because we had each other that we recovered from it and learned to move on. I followed the purple line in my view leading me to where he was. A soul bond between us, an invisible line to others, one that ties us to each other. Thomas was someone who knew me better than I knew myself.

When I entered the line led me to the third training room, I entered the large field and walked over to Thomas who was in the middle of training what looked like the second training group. Thomas was a male of average height standing at 5'10, he was lean with light dust brown straight hair to his mid-back that he now wore in a high ponytail. The first time I met him, it took me less than a week to realize what Thomas despised the most was his feminine appearance. He had the high cheekbones to accentuate the curve of his eyes and a small button nose he had, long curled eyelashes, sparkling gold eyes, and a beauty mark just under his left eye.

When they spotted me approaching, they stopped what they were doing and bowed in unison with their hands cuffed in front of them, "Master"

Waving my hand for them to continue, I signaled Thomas to follow me to one of the tigank-dame for a sparring match to calm my mind. A tigank-dame was just a small area in the training grounds used for individual matches; the only difference being the markings on the ground, once stepped in there was complete privacy for speech and hearing. I grabbed a sword from the rack on the wall and grabbed a piece of rope to tie my hair up.

"What?", I asked when I noticed Thomas watching me silently with questioning eyes.

"I can feel your distress not to mention that roller coaster of emotions a few hours ago.", he said walking up to me with his sword in his hands.

"You know what's wrong without me telling you, so why are you still asking?", I asked with a roll of my eyes as I walked up to him.

"You know I would much prefer we talk about it than you to take it out on me like this", he gestured between us as we got into a fighting stance.

When I swung my sword at him starting our spar, he stopped questioning me. Usually, the tigank-dame would stop the spar after an hour if there wasn't a defeat; because of the large amount of stamina we had, it took a lot for us to get worn out. Sparing matches like this helped me blow off steam the healthy way. After the countless exchange of blows with our swords, I decided to drop the news on him, "It's a total of 3 things, do you want bad to worse or random?"

Dodging when I slashed the sword down his shoulder, he somersaulted to escape the swipe I took at his feet, "Bad to worse"

I stepped back and thrust my sword to his side when he swung his sword from behind his back at my neck, "Iris found her mate"