12. THE SAVING OF A KING

THE RECKONING:FINALE PART ONE

THE RECKONING:
FINALE PART ONE

The children let out a shaky breath each, watching as Eleanor's hands shook- she placed her sword back into her scabbard.

"It is finished," Aslan said with relief.

Casually, she pushed a piece of hair behind her ear and exhaled. She turned around, watching as everyone smiled at her, she frowned.

"Edmund!"

She ran to where she saw him him fall, the other following her quickly. A dwarf, one of the Witch's followers, hobbled up. In aims to finish Edmund, at the same time the others arrive, Eleanor stopped running suddenly, falling into Aslan.

"Edmund!" Susan shouted, firing an arrow at the dwarf, hitting his heart, he fell.

Edmund coughed, gasping.

The children surrounded him, Eleanor stayed next to Aslan. They watched as Lucy pulled out her cordial and let out a drop into Edmunds mouth. The Pevensie's cried as they hoped their brother would survive.

He stopped moving momentarily before sitting up, gasping. Immediately, Peter engulfed him in a hug. Everyone began to laugh.

Peter pulled away, "When are you going to learn to do as you're told?"

The Pevensie's laughed, all hugging each other.

Their hug was cut short when the others notice Edmund star at something in the distance.

Peter and the others pulled away, following their brothers gaze.

Eleanor and Aslan hugging. She said something inaudible to him, Edmund smirked.

"Peter,"

The blond turned to his brother.

"You should probably go congratulate her, she did just save all of us. And you know, you like her so talking to her would help."

Peter opened his mouth as if to argue,

"Just go!" Susan laughed, Lucy lightly pushed him.

"Okay!" He laughed, standing up."I'm going."

It didn't take him long to make it to Eleanor and Aslan. The pair had stopped talking and were now looking at him.

"I shall leave you," Aslan said, bowing his head before joining the Pevensie's.

Peter turned to Eleanor,

"Are you okay?"

Eleanor laughed, "Little traumatized," she joked. "Are you?"

Peter laughed. "Fine."

The two stood for a second or two, the silence in between comfortable and awkward.

"I told you so,"

Eleanor furrowed her eyebrows. "You did?"

"I told you that you could do it, kill her- I mean." Peter smiled, looking into the distance.

Eleanor blushed slightly.

Impulsively, she placed a hand on Peter's shoulder, as he turned she through her arms around him.

The pair pulled apart when they heard Edmund whistle, rolling her eyes Eleanor laughed. Peter still held her arms,

"You were brilliant." Peter said, smiling.

"You weren't too bad yourself, Pevensie."

Eleanor lightly shoved Peter in a playful manner, to this he rolled his eyes. The pair stayed standing like that, smiling goofily.