O1. THE PEVENSIES MAKE FRIENDS

THE RECKONING:CHAPTER ONE

THE RECKONING:
CHAPTER ONE

Eleanor had found a train cabin to herself and she was quite pleased, to say the least. It distracted herself from the horrible reality she was living... or it did until she heard arguing, then she heard out of step footsteps. The red headed girl closed her book and furrowing her eyebrows, she turned her body towards the door of the cabin. Hesitantly, she stood and began to walk towards the door. The arguing stopped, and as the same time the footsteps did, Eleanor opened her cabin doors.

A scared face looked back at her own. Both of them screamed in shock, the poor boy falling into his siblings as Eleanor managed to stay up. The family that stood before her looked perfectly dysfunctional. She smiled.

"Do you mind if we sit with you?" A little voice called out, Eleanor looked down slightly, a small girl. She was missing a few teeth, her hair was cut to perfectly hold the outline of her small face, and a small grey and patterned bow clipped pack the left side of her hair. Eleanor smiled.

"Lucy!" The boy from before scolded but even that was in a soft tone. He seemed to be similar to Eleanor's age, he was also pleasing to the eye but was currently frowning. As soon as his eyes met her brown ones, he found himself smiling- only slightly.

"Not at all! It's been quite boring, actually, although I didn't exactly expect it to be exciting," Eleanor was rambling, and so she stopped herself and smiled sweetly as she sat back in her place.

"Well, thank you, anyway." The tallest boy smiled, he had swiftly placed their suitcases in the overhead compartments and sat opposite her. The second tallest, a girl, followed. Lastly, the smallest, Lucy.

The young boy, who seemed to be Eleanor's age, sat next to her. He left quite a gap between them, something that made her giggle a little.

"I'm Peter," The blonde boy held out his hand, Eleanor kindly shook it and smiled. She could've sworn his eyes dazzled, but she subtly shook her head.

"Eleanor."

"These are my sisters, Susan and Lucy." Peter hinted in the direction of the two girls beside him. Susan kindly shook her hand whereas Lucy, to everyone's surprise, jumped from her seat and hugged Eleanor tightly.

"Lucy!"

Eleanor laughed and squeezed the girl softly.

"I'm so sorry about her, she's gets like that sometimes," the boy from beside her finally spoke as his sister stormed back to her seat.

"Shut up, Edmund!" She fired.

Eleanor could do nothing but laugh.

"Nice to meet you, Edmund," she found herself smiling foolishly as the pair shook hands.

"You too, Eleanor."

Peter, Susan and Lucy were shocked at their brother's behaviour. The trio shared a look of surprise as the situation unfolded in front of them.

"You can call me Ellie, if you like, obviously."

||

The train ride was long, and tedious. Of course, Eleanor and Edmund wouldn't know that since the pair had fallen asleep. Eleanor head lay comfortably on his shoulder, his head leaned onto hers and the pair were sound asleep.

Lucy grinned. "I think he's in love." She whispered.

"Let's hope not, he'll be even more annoying. And it'd be weird, Eleanor's near my age, or so I'm assuming." Peter said, half joking.

"So who's waking them up?"

"I will!" Lucy said before Susan or Peter could interfere. "Quick! Quick! We've got to go!"

The small brunette did not have a small voice. The two young teens jumped up, head butting each other in the process.

They groaned and moaned for a few seconds before realising the train had stopped.

"What does your label say, Eleanor?" Lucy asked, hopefully.

"It'd be a miracle if she was labelled with us, Lucy. Don't get your hopes up." Susan said.

Eleanor checked her label, "It says, Mrs. Macready."

Susan gasped and laughed. "A miracle it is."

Lucy squealed and found herself hugging Eleanor again. "Yay! You're gonna be like our sister now!"

Peter's face twisted into disgust, something only Susan seemed to catch on to.

||

The kids were in the middle of nowhere. It was official, there was no Mrs. Macready, at least that's what Eleanor was thinking.

"The professor knew we were coming?"

Edmund looked around. "Perhaps we've been incorrectly labelled?"

"What? All five of us labelled to a non existent person?" Susan asked. "It can't be."

A lady approached them. All except Susan drifted to Peter in fear of her.

"Mrs. Macready?" Peter asked, hopefully.

"I'm afraid so. Is that it then? Haven't you brought anything else?" The woman said with a look of displeasure.

"No, ma'am. It's just us." Peter grinned.

"The Pevensie's and," the woman dragged out her 'and' as she searched for a girl with a star clip in her hair. Eleanor stepped out from besides Peter and smiled. "Henderson?"

"I mean, it's Eleanor, but yeah, Henderson comes after it-"

"I don't care. You are girl to me, and so you should act like one. Lesson one, no answering back."

As the children followed the woman, Edmund and Eleanor walked in step with each other, he smirked at her– letting her know that what she said was funny. She smirked back.