O2. LUCY LOOKS INTO A WARDROBE

THE RECKONING:CHAPTER TWO

THE RECKONING:
CHAPTER TWO

"This is your room." Mrs. Macready said, her tone boring Eleanor half to death. She wanted to make a remark about how ridiculously small her room was, but she remembered how lucky she was to even be where she was. Instead she nodded and smiled.

"Thank you, Mrs. Macr-" the door closed in her face. With a sigh, Eleanor groaned, she threw herself on the bed and dropped her suitcase at the foot of it.

The room would suffice. Although it's cream coloured wallpaper was peeling at every edge, the view out of a small circular window was enough for her. A single and not so sturdy bed stood on the left side, leaving very little space left. The teenager stood up. Her curls still flowing down her back, left side held back by her glamours headbands. Her coat that stretched to just above her knees had been forgotten about on the bed, her outfit was a short sleeved t-shirt that tucked into a skirt that flowed out and finished above her knees.

Of course her mother insisted on tights and her pale, shiny brogues. She looked at herself in the mirror on the wardrobe at the end of her bed, she didn't smile, she didn't do anything.

She opened her mouth, ready to sigh, but instead stopped herself, she turned on her heels and left her room quickly.

The halls were huge. Bigger than Eleanor could ever have imagined, their windows were the equivalent to her entire room, and the hallways were not only long, but identical.

Her eyes wondered as she walked, unfortunately for her so was Lucy.

"Ah!"

"Shhh!" The young girl covered Eleanor's mouth. The brunettes eyes softened upon seeing Lucy, she smiled and moved her hand.

"What on earth are you doing, Lucy?"

"Well," Lucy looked confused for a second before continuing. "I'm trying to find Peter. Could you help me?"

"Of course, although I must warn you, my sense of direction isn't amazing." Eleanor smirked, Lucy found herself laughing and she entangled her hand into Eleanor's.

||

After a short while, the girls had came to a door that seemed familiar. "This is it!"

Eleanor forgot to knock, instead she pushed open the door, watching as Lucy ran in.

"German aircraft carried out several attacks on Great Britain last night-"

Susan quickly turned off the radio and everyone's attention was on Eleanor who was left at the door alone. "Oh, sorry, Lucy was lost so I helped he-"

"Don't worry about it!" Susan said, smiling.

"Come in," Peter smiled, being his usual self.

Eleanor saw Edmund sitting on one of the beds alone, he looks miserable as he stared out the window with a frown upon his face. Eleanor saw he clearly wasn't in the best mood, so she sat at the foot of the bed- leaving him alone.