O8. THE FIRST BATTLE

THE RECKONING:CHAPTER EIGHT

THE RECKONING:
CHAPTER EIGHT

The children had finally reached Aslan's camp. "Why are they all staring at us?" Susan asked, furrowing her brows in confusion.

"Maybe they think you look funny," Lucy shrugged, her laughter was short lived when Susan glared at her.

"Stop fussing," Mr. Beaver said to his wife. Watching as she tried to somewhat fix herself, believing the small Queen. "You look fine."

They proceeded to a tent. A guard stood outside, he frightened Lucy, making her cling onto Eleanor.

Peter stepped up. "We've come to see Aslan."

He held his sword to the sky, causing a sudden breeze. The tent flapped, and suddenly everybody kneeled.

Before the children could fathom anything, a large lion exited the tent, his sense of authority made the children kneel too.

Aslan.

"Welcome, Peter, Son of Adam. Susan, Eleanor and Lucy, Daughters of Eve. And, welcome to you, Beavers. You have my thanks. But where is the fifth?"

The children shared a look.

"That why we're here, Sir." Eleanor said, standing next to Peter. "We need your help."

"We had a little trouble along the way," Peter chimed.

"Our brother's been captured by the white witch," Susan said.

The hundreds of people around them began murmuring.

"Captured? How could this happen?"

"He betrayed them, Your Majesty." Mr. Beaver explained.

"Then he betrayed us all!" Exclaimed the guard.

"Peace, Oreius. I'm sure there's an explanation." Aslan said, calmly.

"It's my fault really, I was too hard on him." Peter sighed.

"We all were." Susan agreed.

Lucy stepped forwards. "He's our brother, Sir."

Aslan seemed to smile. "I know, dear one. But that only makes the betrayal all the worse. This may be harder than you think."

||

"You look like mum." Lucy giggled to Susan, Eleanor inhaled sharply.

"Mum hasn't dressed like this since before the war." Susan laughed, "Eleanor, you look amazing."

"As you do." The brunette smiled. "And of course, you too Lucy."

Lucy smiled. "We should bring mum one back! A whole trunk full!"