The Werewolf in the Basement ~10

Chapter 10

Annabelle's P.O.V

After a minute of just sitting there I heard footsteps coming down the stone steps, echoing against the walls. There was more than one set.

Tom, the guy from yesturday went and opened the cell door. The boy had changed and was now growling furosciously at everyone, whether because some were going towards me or because he was just angry.

I think it's the anger one.

"Tom what are you doing! stay away from that wolf he's unpredictable!" Shouted the alpha.

"Look, I'm not going to hurt you or Annabelle." Tom said slowly. 'He' stopped growling and looked at me. Suddenly arms held me and the boy started growling again.

"Why on earth are you down here?!" Asked Annie, looking worried.

"Annie would you help her over here please?" Said Tom. I didn't know what was going on and I don't think most of the people down here knew either.

"What are you crazy! Bring her anywhere near that monster! Look how terrified she is of of everyon, inmagine what she's like with him!" Shouted Annie.

"He wont hurt her, ok. That's the whole reason I'm doing this." Called Tom impatiently.

"What do you mean?" Asked Annie confused.

"Ok, I saw her come down here and I followed. The two of them were talking sort of." He said shrugging. "She came down here trying to escape with him."

"What?!" Said the alpha incredulously.

"Bring her here!" Said Tom getting anxsious.

Annie picked me up and brought me into the cell. She set me down just out of reach of the boy.

I stumbled a little and then hobbled towards the only person i've ever had faith in.

He offers me his side and I lean on him, grateful for the support I'd grown used to.

He walked backwards to the wall. Shooting glances at the shocked spectaters while looking at me with worried eyes.

At the wall I sank down and he took up a pocission of sitting in front of me, hiding me from any eyes.

I leaned forward, pressing my face intio the fur on his back.

I heard a footstep and tensed. The wolf I was leaning against growled menacingly, I felt his back rumble from it.

I sneeked a peek at who was coming towards us. It was Tom holding the keys up.

Tom saw me looking and shook the keys at me before throwing them gentley towards me. I caught them in my hands.

I patted the wolf on the back indicating that he turn around.

"We're letting you go but we ask you to stay here for a while. This was a big misunderstanding. We thought you were the one who hurt but you weren't were you? So can you change? We need an explanation." Tom said.

The wolf growled. I moved forward and he moved his head towards me.

I put my mouth to his ear. "He let us go." I whispered softly. "He want you to change to talk to us, ok?"

He growled a little. "Change, please?" I asked quietly. I know he doesn't like being told to change because of the past.

I unlocked the chain, whether he changes or not, I don't like to see that chain on him.

The neck shackle fell to the floor with an echoing clank.

He changed and there was a lot of gasps.

Tom turned to the alpha. "Maybe we should go to your office, hope you wont mind if I come too?"

"No I don't mind. Everyone else, go back to bed or clear a path!" The alpha, John shouted.

Some people left, others stood back to make a path.

"Follow me." Said the alpha.

The boy looked at me. "Walk behind him" I whispered, not even reaching his ear on my tip-toes.

He bent down and picked me up gentley, my legs hanging over one arm and my back supported by the other.

He followed them. I was scared so I wrapped my arms around his neck and burried my face in his shoulder, he tightened his grip in response.

We made our way down the hall and into an office with two chairs facing a desk. "Take a seat" Said the alpha, looking at us.

I looked up to see a confused look on his face. "Sit down" I whispered softly in his ear.

He sat on the chair nearest the door and I was getting up to go on the other but his arms restricted me. I didn't protest to the arms because I was more than happy to stay in them.

"Ok, lets get straight to the point. Why are you in the state?" He asked, obviously curious. "What happened to you?"

I needed courage. I needed to explain the basics at least so they don't hurt him for not knowing.

I took strength from him, clutching to his hand.

"he doesn't kn-now h-how to t-t-talk." I whisper.

"How?" Asks Tom.

"He was k-kept in th-the d-dark."

"And you?" Asks John.

"Th-they thought i was too w-weak to be kept i-in ch-chains, so I-I d-did the house w-w-work." I stuttered.

"Your safe now." Said John. "Look why don't we all go to bed and we can discuss this when your up for it, ok?"

I nod and we are lead back to the roomi was slleeping in.

The two of us sit on the floor and fall asleep.

********************************************************************

COMMENT, VOTE, FAN!!!