The Werewolf in the Basement ~18

Chapter 18

Annabelle's P.O.V

After three classes that consisted of maths, geography and a study class while the other students were doing languages it was lunch.

I had realised that after geography the other students were waiting until lunch to actually meet or greet us. Like some unspoken rule.

I was glad of that as I was extremely nervous already. All the stares, the crowded hallways and the way every teacher seemed to hate me really unnerved me.

I hate to admit it but I have no idea how Rain's doing. He's so good at hiding things and we haven't had a chance to talk, not even a little.

I was scared, confused and everything was new. I was used to to being beaten and working everyday and then I was getting used to the easy going, tolerant way of the pack. This school put me off. The crowds of students, the different authority figures and the unknown rules.

My nerves were constantly on end and Rain's were too. As we headed to the cafeteria withDaniel and Sam, I wondered if our lives would stay as peaceful as they have been since we arrived at this school.

But I had a feeling that things were going toget  tricky. It might have been the teachers glares and harsh tones our the learing looks a lot of guys were giving me. I knew something was going to give.

We entered the cafeteria, got our food (which I wasn't expecting) and took a seat with other members of our pack which were ready to ambush us with a million questions.

Thankfully Sam took the lead and introduced us to everyone. Telling them our names, ages and mentioning the fact that we had a bad past.

Then it was up to us to answer the questions. I was shaking because this was my part. Rain has done nearly everything and the least I can do is speak, at least he's here by my side.

A boy named Barry from across the table asked; "Why exactly did you join our pack?"

I was trying to answer things as simply as possible. "We ran away."

"Why?" Asked another boy.

Daniel repeated Sam's words but with a hint of warning in the tone. "They have a bad past."

"Why are you here?" Queried a guy called Ryan who was three seats down from me.

I thought for a moment about it. Wondering how I shold word the answer. "We didn't want to be seperated."

"I know there's more to it than that but I also know you don't want to talk about it and that you wouldn't be here without a very good reason." States a guy a bit away from us.

"Are you two a couple?" Asked a guy a few seats down from Rain.

I nod and see Rain doing the same. My heart sqeezed because of the protectiveness in his eyes and the almost happy look on his face.He wanted us to last.

There was a lot of chatter and people noticed that we were uncomfortable and didn't talk about personal matters and the questions weren't pushed when an answer wasn't given.

The thoughts of peace were dashed when a group of menacing, or at least trying to look menacing, boys approached our table.

*********************************************************************

Vote!!! Comment!!! Fan!!!