The Werewolf in the Basement ~7

Chapter 7

Wolf boy's P.O.V

I was running through this whole new world. I made myself concentrate on running as fast as I could.

I felt so free. The wind blowing my fur. All the new scents and sounds and of course the warmth of Annabelle's body pressed against my furry back.

I ran all that night, all the next day and slowed my pace the next night. Half way through that night I stopped and lay down carefully.

I was exhausted from the lengthy run. I felt the girl slowly slide from my back and lay against a big thing that reached into the sky as if it had arms.

I lay there licking my paws for a minute before changing into my human form and going towards her.

I saw her back away from me as if it were just her natural instincts. It hurt to see her fear me, but as I got closer she began to relax.

I sat next to her and wrapped my arms around her and pulling her into my lap.

At first she was tense but after a minute relaxed seems thatI didn't move any further.

I slipped into a peacefull sleep wondering if she'd always act like tat toewards me or if she'd get used to me and trust. I hoped for the latter.

*********The Next Morning*********

I opened my eyes slowly. First i looked at the girl in my arms and was shocked at how much light there was.

I looked up through the reaching arms to the round thing in the space up there. Wow...It was a giant flashlight...I think.

Everything is so big and bright out here.

Out here....

I'm not in the that room anymore.

I'm free!! Oh man...I really am free!

And so is she!!

I looked at her, her eyes searching my face.

She must have seen something on my face because hers lit up in a beautiful smile. The light seemed to just shine on her. She's beautiful, even with the bruises and scars. I can see past them.

I'm free. She's free. She's safe. There's no chain to stop me from protecting her.

I felt so light. Like all my worries were lifted for now.

Me, her alone in this magical place. No evil. No nasty men.

I got up excited leaving her sitting there and spun around taking in every angle of this amazingly new place. I wonder how much room there is out here? Where are the walls anyway?

I looked over at her again. I knew her leg was badly injured so I was going to do anything to make sure she didn't have to put any wait on it.

I went over to her. Swooped down and picked her up. My hands held her upper thighs keeping her feet from the ground.

She was amazing. I felt something sweep against my skin. It was like when the whip was coming down on my back and just before it hit I felt a 'gust'.

I jumped ready to protect her.

She put her hand up to my face and I felt the 'gust' again. I jerked looking around, trying to find the source.

"Shhshh, it's just the wind. Wind." she spoke softly. I relaxed. The wind came again but this time I was ok. Tensed a little but I've gotten over the enitial shock.

She leaned against me. I loved the feeling of her against me. She smelled so nice. I wanted to taste her.

Wait what? Taste her?! That's sick!

"Ok. How 'bout we find food and water and then I can teach you new words?" She said looking at me.

I understood food, water and teach. Sounded good.

I picked her up so her legs were over one arm and her back rested against my other arm. We started walking.

I didn't know how we'd find food or water but I thought walking was the best way to start. We stopped a few times, her telling me stuff about berries. They were delicious.

After a while I started to hear something wierd, like a whushing sound. I went towards it.

When I found the source I was in shock. I'd never seen so much water and the light shining on it made the water in the river sparkle we sat by the lake and drank.

The rest of the day flew by with Annabelle teaching me. I learned so much.

When the sun began to sink, I turned wolf and we both went running through the night, jumping over narrow forest roads and dodged lights that symbolised civilisation.

The next day we slept just as we did the night before.

****************************************************************************

Comment, Vote, Fan!! Enjoy!!