The Werewolf in the Basement ~26

Annabelle's P.O.V.

When Rain left I quickly fell back asleep and didn't awake for nearly four hours.

I wasn't used to this. Sleeping the day away, it was foreign to me.

When I woke up I was a wreck just thinking about everything. I was shocked in class when the teacher or some of the students didn't try to hurt me in any way and actually seemed concerned about my well-being.

To get my mind off of everything I began cleaning the dorm. Sure, cleaning brought some bad memories but it also calmed me. It was something productive that I could do.

I don't know how long I spent cleaning but I was startled back into awareness as the door was opened.

I looked up at the guys from my spot on the floor, where I had been scrubbing the skirting boards.

"Annabelle, you should be resting. I think you should eat something, take your meds and go to bed." Says a concerned looking Sam.

Rain quickly comes and lifts me over to the table and then goes about getting me toast. I look to see the guys tidying up the cleaning supplies.

"I'm sorry guys. I'll do that." I say while getting up.

There is a chorus of no's across the room and I sit down again. There's no point arguing.

Once I've eaten and talked to everyone about there day, I follow Rain to our room. Rain puts the pain-killers and a glass of water on the nightstand as I make my way over to the bed.

"Anna, we need to talk for a minute." Rain says seriously. Worry and dread fills me at those simple words.

"Ok" I say softly, my voice shaky.

"Anna, do you trust me? You know you don't need to hang out with me anymore, right? You could go back to the pack house, they really like you there." Rain says ina rush while looking at the ground.

I mull it over in my head and then say, "If that's what you want." I want to cry thinking that he finally doesn't want me around anymore.

"Do you trust me?" He asks again. 

I stare at him in disbelief. "Of course I do."

"Is there anything about school that you haven't told me?"

I frown at his question. "No. Rain, what's going on?"

"Well the whole school thinks that you've changed the rules." He said softly. "The guys told me to ask you about it."

"Umm, what rules?"

"I don't know."

"I didn't change any rules. I didn't want to." 

"Oh. Then what's everyone going on about?" Rain says, relief clear in his voice.

"Maybe we can ask Tom the next time we see him." I reply, meeting his tender gaze.

Suddenly he frowned. "Umm, you have a meeting with the principal, Zane and his parents."

I gasped. "Why, are they going to send me home?"

Don't panic, I thought to myself, just don't panic.

"I don't think so. I think it's because it's a serious matter." Rain frowned.

"Ok. Well whatever happens, happens." I say, leaning into Rain.

"I want to change into my wolf."

"Ok but maybe just check with the guys just in case." 

I quickly put my arms around his neck and we kissed. It was only meant to be a quick one, but Rain deepened it. When I finally pulled away  Rain left to talk to the guys.