Chapter Eight

THIS CHAPTER IS RUBBISH I'M SORRY. I HAVE A CASE OF POST-CONCERT DEPRESSION AND I CAN'T EVEN THINK. PLEASE DON'T KILL ME.

Austin and I ended up staying at the Memorial until dusk just talking about random things and getting to know each other. It was kind of nice. Granted, I made him promise that we wouldn't have a serious relationship until a little later in time, but it was good to at least have a friend. A friend to make out with, that is. Totally normal.

"We should probably get going," Austin said with a yawn. "Security will probably be doing their rounds soon and we don't want to get caught."

"Yeah," I agreed.

"But I'm starving, so do you wanna go get some late night McDonald's or something?" He suggested.

My stomach turned. Not that I didn't like McDonald's, but I didn't like the thought of eating. No no no, I was too fat as it was. Even though my head was screaming to say no, my heart wanted to spend more time with Austin. "Sure," I agreed anf cursed myself.

"Well then let's walk back over to the dorms and I can get my wallet and the car," he said, standing up. I followed suit and we started the trek back to the dorms. About halfway there, I noticed a tree with oddly shaped lumps on it. It almost looked like it had...boobs?

"Austin," I giggled and pointed to the tree.

"What the fuck are you pointing at?" He asked, chuckling a little bit.

"That tree...it looks like it has boobs," I said with growing laughter. He finally saw it and broke out in his own fit of hysterics.

"Oh my god, of all things, that's what you notice," he shook his head.

"Look, I'm gonna go touch the boob tree!" I yelled, running up to the tree and trying to reach the lumps. I was too short. I jumped and stood on my tiptoes, but nothing worked. I yelped as I felt myself being lifted up.

"Need a boost?" Austin asked sarcastically.

"Oh my god, put me down!" I laughed. He twisted me around so that I was facing him and pushed me against the tree.

"You know, you're pretty cute when you're scared," he joked. I wrapped my legs around his waist and put my arms around his shoulders.

"And you're cute all the time," I retorted, causing him to smile and kiss me. It was a very cute scenario until I realized that we were making out against a tree that had breasts. I started giggling again.

"What?" He grinned against my lips.

"It's the fact that we're doing this in the presence of a boob tree," I said. Austin just laughed a little, kissing me again and putting me back down.

"You're such a dork," he smiled. I took his hand as we continued to go back to the dorms.

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked.

"No, it's pretty adorable, Gingy," he teased. I rolled my eyes.

"Again with my hair."

"Well excuse me for acknowledging your hair color," he said in mock apology.

"You're excused," I responded. He chuckled and kept walking with me.

We finally reached the dorms and went in to get Austin's wallet. I tried to get mine to cover my own self, but he wouldn't let me and I gave in. He was a pretty good person deep down. Soon, we were back out the door and in the car.

"Soooooooo," I said, trying to find words. "Uh, what's your opinion on bread?"

Bread? What the fuck?

"What kind of a question is that?" Austin laughed.

"I don't know, I couldn't think of anything else to say," I chuckled.

"You're so cute," he said. I rolled my eyes.

We pulled into McDonald's and I instantly started getting sick again. I never should have agreed to this. Nevertheless, I dragged myself to the building and went in with Austin. The smell hit me like a brick and I regretted it even more.

"You okay?" Austin asked. I just nodded, which he probably didn't believe, but he didn't say anything else.

"What can I get for you tonight?" The cheery teenager at the counter asked. I didn't even know what to think, there were so many calories in everything. I decided to just get a small fry, which would make me seem a little less inconspicuous, I just had to eat slowly. Hopefully I would get it past Austin.

We ended up going to a little corner table where there was no one around us. Austin, with a cheeseburger in hand, looked up at me with concern.

"Is that all you're going to eat?" He questioned.

"Yeah. I'm not really that hungry," I replied indifferently.

"Alan," he said warningly. Before I could answer, though, a tall guy came over to us and looked at Austin with bright eyes.

"Austin! Long time, no see, mate!" The man said in a British accent. He was covered in tattoos and had dark brown hair that covered his face. Great, another guy who was more attractive than me and had his eyes on Austin.

"Oh, hey, Oli," Austin smiled a little. He didn't look very amused with this Oli guy.

"What have you been up to lately?" Oli asked.

"Just going to college up the street from here. This is my roommate, Alan," Austin said, gesturing to me.

"Nice to meet you," Oli told me. I nodded in response. "Well, I ought to get going. Nice seeing you!"

Austin and I waved before Oli walked out. "Who was that?" I inquired.

"Oli. He's an ex, kind of. We never really dated but there was something between us. He's a douche, though. Don't worry about him. I'm all for you now," Austin explained with a smile. I grinned back at him and continued to slowly consume my fries. Soon, we had both finished over a little bit of small talk and made our way back out to the car.

"So, as I was saying, why didn't you eat very much?" Austin brought the subject back up.

"I told you, I wasn't very hungry," I repeated.

"I don't believe you."

"Too bad. I'm tired, let's go home."

"I'll get it out of you at one point," he mumbled, driving towards the campus. We were there in a matter of minutes and made our way up to the dorm building.

When we got to our room, I immediately flopped down on the bed and got underneath the blankets. Austin joined me soon after that, his warm breath on the back of my neck.

"Goodnight, Ginger Prince," he whispered.

"Goodnight," I whispered back.