The Abandoned 1

The Abandoned

Chapter 1:

I Stood There At The Bus Stop Waiting For The Bus To Arrive. I Looked At My Watch. It Was 4:02. It Was Cold And Raining Outside. The Water Started To Soak The Insides Of My Shoe. I Had Been Standing Out There For A While. I Knew If I Wasn't Home By 4:30 I'd Be In For A Rude Awakening. After 5 Minutes Later, The Bus Finally Came To A Screeching Stop. As I Got On The Bus Driver Stopped Me. "How Much?", I Asked. "$2.50", He Replied. I Reached Into My Pocket To Grab My Wallet And Noticed That It Wasn't There. I Checked My Bag, My Back Pockets And My Bra For It, But Nothing. "Sorry Kid, No Cash Means No Ride." I Got Off The Bus And Watched As It Drove Away. Then I Took A Quick Glance At My Watch. 4:15. I Started Running As Fast As I Could. I Was Running So Fast I Even Lost One Of My Shoes. But I Didn't Care. I Had To Get Home In Time. Moments Later I Finally Reached My House. I Looked At My Clock. 4:32. "Shit!", I Thought To Myself. I Slowly Walked Towards My Door,Turned The Knob And Entered. The House Was Quite. "Maybe If I Sneak Up To My Room They Won't See Me", I Thought To Myself. I Crept Up The Creaking Stairs As Quietly As Possible. Finally I Reached My Room. I Hurried Up, Walked In And Shut It. "Where Have YOU Been?",Said A Voice. It Was My Brother Mason. He Was Holding Some Wooden Object In His Hands. "Dad Said You Had To Be Home At 4:30 Sharp. It's 4:35 Now",He Continued. Mason Slowly Got Up With The Wooden Object In His Hands. "Mason Don't!", I Cried. I Backed Away And Tripped On My Bag Causing Me To Fall On My Bed. He Closed The Blinds. "Rules Are Rules Jennifer. They Are Meant To Be Followed Not Broken.", He Said. Mason Lifted The Wooden Object And Began Hitting Me With It. Once In My Leg, Once In My Side And Twice In My Head. He Hit My Lip So Hard It Burst Open. "Next Time, Don't Be Late. Or It'll Be Even Worse", He Whispered. He Threw The Wooden Thing Down And Left The Room Without A Sound.