Sunnats of 'Eid-ul-Ad-ha and 'Eid-ul-Fitr

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

‘Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s), his blessed descendents and noble companions.’

                                                                      Aameen.

THE SUNNATS OF ‘EID-UL-AD-HA AND

‘EID-UL-FITR

S.1 To awaken earlier than usual.

S.2 To brush the teeth (Miswak).

S.3 To have a bath (Ghusl).

S .4 To be well dressed in an Islamic manner.

S.5 To dress in one’s best clothes (not necessarily new).

 Note:  Care should be taken that one does not incur debts or transgress the Islamic limits of modesty on such clothes.

S.6 To use ‘Itr (Halal perfume).

S.7 To perform ‘Eid Salah at the ‘Eidgah (an open ground).

S.8 Avoid eating before ‘Eid Salah on the day of ‘Eid-ul- Ad-ha and to eat an odd number of dates (or anything sweet) on ‘Eid-ul-Fitr.

S.9 To go to the place of Salah early.

S. 10 To walk to the place of ‘ Eid Salah (if it is within walking distance).

S. 11 To read aloud the ‘takbirat’ on the way to the place of prayer for ‘Eid-ul-Ad-ha and silently for ‘Eid-ul-Fitr.

S. 12 To use different routes to and from the place o f ‘Eid Salah.

S. 13 To frequently read the takbirs (loudly for ‘Eid-ul-Ad-ha and softly for ‘Eid-ul-Fitr).

S. 14 To have the ‘Eid-ul-Fitr late and the ‘Eid-ul-Ad-ha prayer early.

S. 15 To read two-rak‘ats wajib Salatul ‘Eidain without any Adhaan or lqamat.

S. 16 It is forbidden to say Nafl Salah in the ‘Eidgah either before or after the Salatul-‘Eidain.

S. 17 To read two rak‘ ats Nafl prayer on reaching home.

S. 18 During ‘Eid salah, in the first rak‘at, Our Rasulullah SAW would recite Suratul ’A‘la (No. 87) and Suratul Ghathia (No. 88) in the second rak‘at.

 Note: These surahs should not be regarded as obligatory. Other Surahs may also be recited.

S. 19 When Rasulullah SAW completed the prayer (Salatul ‘Eidain) he would stand facing the people who were seated in their rows, deliver a Khutba (sermon), issue instructions and command them (to do good). If he intended to send an army, he did so and likewise issued any special orders he wished to.

S .20 The Khutba is to be delievered after the ‘ Eid Salah.

S.21 During both the Khutbas of ‘Eid, Rasulullah SAW used to recite takbirs frequently.

S.22 The Khutba of both ‘Eids is Sunnah but to listen to it is wajib. It is totally prohibited (haram) to walk around, talk or even read Salah whilst the khutba is in progress.

S.23 It is incorrect and, indeed, not the Sunnat of our beloved Nabi SAW to shake hands or hug (make mu‘anaqah) after the ‘Eid Salat.

 However, to meet those who have come from afar by shaking hands with them or hugging such persons as when meeting them ordinarily, is permissible.

S .24 To greet one another on ‘Eid day with the words:

“‘Eid Mubarak” is permissible, but should not be done as a ritual nor with strict adherence.

A/N ;)

Alhamdulillahi Rabbil ‘Alameen… so there! We have come now to the end of the blessed Ramadhan chapters…hope this was beneficial In sha Allah ;) what more can I say except don’t lose this most wonderful opportunity of the Night of Power and do loads and loads of ‘Ibaadah to please Allah SWT, and yes please don’t forget me in your beautiful Du’as!

With Duas and Salaam,

abdurRahman (Gudi ;))