His Style! Ishraq and Chasht (Duha) Salah

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

‘Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s), his blessed descendents and noble companions.’

                                                                      Aameen.

Five Gems of Advice!

Hazrat Anas (R. A.) narrates that the Holy Prophet (SAW) gave him the following five advices:

(1) Make a perfect wudu - your life span will increase;

(2) Greet every follower of mine - your virtues (good deeds) will increase;

(3) Greet and enter your home, the goodness of your home will increase;

(4) Read the Duha (chasht) Salah for this was the way of the pious predecessors.

(5) Show mercy to the young and respect to the elders you shall be my companion on the day of Qiyamah. (Bukhari)

Prophet Muhammed (SAW)’s Style!

 Ishraq Salah

S. 1 After offering the fard of Fajr one should remain seated on the prayer mat till the sun rises and is sufficiently high.

During this period one should remain busy in remembering Allah, reading the Kalima or Durud Sharif or any other Dhikr or Du‘a. One should not indulge in useless worldly talk or even business. When the sun is high, i.e. approximately 15 to 20 minutes after the sun has risen, then one should offer two or four rak ‘ats of Nafl prayer with the Niyyah (intention) of Ishraq Nafl Salah.

The reward for this is equal to the reward of offering one Hajj and 'Umrah. (Tirmidhi) If one was engaged in worldly affairs after the fard of Fajr and then offered Ishraq Salah, it would be valid, however the reward will be lesser.

S.2 The fire of hell shall not touch the skin of that person who reads 4 rak‘ats of Ishraq Salah. (Baihaqi)

The Breakfast

S. 1 It is reported that our Nabi (SAW) used to have honey water for breakfast. His having ‘Nabize Tamar’ is also reported in some narrations.

‘Nabize Tamar’-is dry dates, which have been cut into pieces and soaked in a clay container overnight.

(Tirmidhi)

The Chasht (Duha) Salah

S.1 After Ishraq Salah and breakfast one should engage oneself in the earning of a halal livelihood and then to read Chasht Salah at the time of Chasht.

S.2 The time for Chasht Salah begins when the sun is bright and ends just before Zawal (midday). (It would usually begin at approximately 9.00 or 9.30 a.m. (in India)). (Muslim - Riyadus Sawlihin)

S.3 One who leaves home with wudu and the intention of Chasht Salah gets the reward of an Umrah*. (Abu Dawud At-Targhib)

* Umrah - an act of worship performed only in Makkah, sometimes reffered to as the small pilgrimage.

S.4 Chasht Salah is either 2, 4, 6, or 8 rak ‘ats of Nafl Salah.

(Muslim)

S.5 By reading only 2 rak ‘ats of Chasht Salah all the minor sins are forgiven. (Tirmidhi)

S.6 And also (by reading 2 rak'ats of Chasht Salah) Sadaqah (charity) is fulfilled for the 360 joints of the body. (Muslim)

S.7 By reading 4 rak ‘ats of Chasht Salah one will be recorded as a worshipper. (Tabar&ni-At-Targhib)

S.8 One who reads 8 rak ‘ats of Chasht Salah shall be written down as from the obedient and pious. (At-Targhib)

S. 9 A huge mansion of gold shall be erected for one who reads 12 rak‘ats of Chasht Salah. (Ahmad) (After Chasht Salah to engage in seeking one’s Halal livelihood)

A/N :)

Those who pray Ishraq Salah, Wow Masha Allah you know You Rock! 'cause I find myself dropping off to sleep as soon as I pray Fajr :( Bad I know, but I sleep laaate though am trying now to follow the 'early to bed and early to rise..' saying so that I don't miss this awesome Ishraq prayer Insha Allah and Don’t tell me you don’t want a gold palace in Jannah! ;) So when you have those boring, dragging days and you find that you dunno what to do with all that time hanging… then go and pray that wonderful 12 rak’ahs of Chasht Salah and know that for a reward Allah SWT has built a most beautiful gold mansion just for you!

 To be honest though, I have not prayed completely 12 rak’ahs Chasht Salah at one go, I pray it daily Alhamdulillah but my maximum is 4 rak’ahs, but one of these days Insha Allah am going to erect a gold palace for me without fail! ;)))

             With Duas and Salaam (Prayers and Peace),

                         abdurRahman (Gudi :))